Saturday, August 3, 2013

Waiting In Anticipation

39 weeks pregnant!!
Between 35 to 39 weeks, I feel that I have grown a lot.  It will be surprising to see how much this baby girl weighs when she is born.  I had another ultrasound at 37 weeks to make sure that everything was measuring well with the baby since she measured the same twice in a row.  We asked the ultrasound tech how much she thinks the baby weighs and she said about 7 lbs 2 oz, give or take a pound.  I remember Scott being shocked at hearing that number.  He was so set on this girl being as tiny as he was at 5 lbs.  And he was the biggest in his family!  Now, if at 37 weeks she was measuring about 7 lbs and I am now 5 days away from my due date, I'm thinking I might have an 8+ lb baby. 

I have absolutely no clue when this baby is coming.  I have had no signs that there is any progressing.  I am dilated to 2 cm and 60-70% effaced, but that's been the same at my last two doctor visits.  Apparently, it's good that I'm already dilated to 2 cm, but I feel that this baby might be late.  I have not felt the Braxton Hicks contractions, which can be a helpful sign that something is happening.  It doesn't matter what I read about labor or what I hear from others about labor because it is so different for everyone.

I am part of this mommy group on Facebook where advice is given and questions are answered about anything.  I thought it was weird at first when a friend invited me to the group (because I'm not yet a mom), but I actually love being a part of it now.  I haven't asked any questions on there, but it's fun to see other people ask questions that I didn't realize I had as well.  People give their honest opinions about things and it's just another way to find out more information about whatever.  A lot of the group members live in Utah too and it's just a great support group.

There are a few girls in the group who are due days apart from me.  One girl, who is due the 9th, asked about how to progress her labor as nothing seemed to be happening and the responses were so different.  Some people gave advice to do things like stretch or eat pineapple (I didn't know that was something that could help...maybe because of the acidity?), but the majority just said that labor will happen on its own.  There were responses saying that contractions didn't occur until the day they were due or the only sign of labor was their water breaking.

It will be interesting to see how everything works for me.  I know this baby will come when she is supposed to, but sometimes the waiting gets hard.  Anyways, here is the last time I will be doing this fun questionnaire!

How far along?: 39 weeks! 5 days to go!
Total weight gain/loss?: I think in the end, it was between 25-30 lbs.
Maternity clothes?: Yeah. I only have one dress that I can wear to church too.
Stretch marks?: Nope! Lucky me! :)
Sleep?: Sleep happens when it can. There are nights where I sleep fine and then other nights where I have to sleep on the couch because of my back. I take tons of naps throughout the day now. This growing baby inside of me is wearing me out!
Missing anything?: A good nights sleep! Haha.
Movement?: Yup.  She doesn't kick as much as there's not much room in there, but just rolls around.
Food cravings?: I like anything cold. Popsicles, ice cream, water, snow cones, smoothies, etc.
Anything making you queasy or sick?: Not anymore!
Have you started to show yet?: I'm going to say yes. :)
Gender: Baby Girl!!
Labor signs: No. Sigh...
Belly button in or out: It has popped out, but not very much. You can't even see it through a shirt.
Wedding ring on or off: On, although my fingers swell from time to time and it gets a little tight.
Happy or moody most of the time: I'm happy. :)
Looking forward to: Meeting our sweet girl, Kylie!

No comments:

Post a Comment