Sunday, January 11, 2015

December Goals

This is way overdue, but I still have to write about it.  December was a busy and fun month.  I was able to complete a lot of my goals and many activities happened as well.  I don't think I'll be doing the monthly goals this year as I have some other ones in mind, but I sure did like doing it this year.  It really helped me prioritize things in my life and figure out what's most important.  I think my favorite part was trying to think of weekly family activities.  I made myself search what there is to do in Utah besides the norm and I was able to find some fun (and free) things to do!  I might actually try to keep doing that this new year since there's no point in stopping.  Anyway, onto the goals!

I was able to complete all of my monthly goals except having our friend get together.  We've already planned one for January and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who enjoys these dinners.  I was the one who started them so it's nice to know that I'm not forcing people to hang out, if that makes sense.  My house project was to decorate the house for Christmas and that was completed the weekend after Thanksgiving.  My goal for Kylie was to make her a church picture book.  I almost didn't get this completed, but I was able to get it done last minute before Christmas and I put it in her stocking.  I just saved and printed out the pictures from this website and put them in a small photo album.  The album didn't have enough for spaces and the letters y and z are in a pocket in the back.  I think it turned out cute and it works to keep Kylie quiet for a little bit during church.  I didn't really plan out a date night, but I'm going to count driving around and seeing Christmas lights as a little date.  We were able to see a soccer game and I did a few crafts.  Kylie is a little too young to be doing very many crafts, so I didn't do as many as I had planned on and that's okay.
I made this jar lid ornament for Aunt Kathy.
A lot of the activities we did in December have already been written about since they were ones with more pictures.  The first week of December, we saw the lights at temple square, went to Scott's work party and I went to the festival of trees with Kylie.  The second week was the zoo lights and Gardner Village.  The third week of December, Kylie and I visited Scott at work and had some delicious waffles from the waffle love truck.  It's a mobile waffle truck!  Scott's work gave him a voucher and I've always wanted to try them, but they don't travel to West Jordan often.  The waffles were yummy, but a little too pricey.  Kylie especially loved the nutella, banana waffle the best.  That week we also drove around looking at Christmas lights, had our ward Christmas breakfast and had pizza and played mini-golf with family.  The fourth week, we went to city creek and the temple lights again with family and went to the Omer family get together.  The last week of December was spent in California.
At Scott's work party at pizza pie cafe.
Waffle love truck!
At the ward breakfast.  Couldn't get Kylie to look over and smile.
Seeing the temple lights again!
Macy's department store's awesome candy window displays.
Listening to some music on the street.
We showed up right when the fountain show was starting at city creek.
December this year was so much fun!! I loved all the activities we did and just the spirit of Christmas that was felt.  December was a great month to end off a fantastic year.  I can't wait to see what 2015 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment