Sunday, March 17, 2013

Latest on Life

Yes, so it is catch-up time with the blog.  There are so many times where I think about something and that it would be a good blog post, but then I always forget later what it was I had thought about.  I really should start writing those things down.  That being said, this might be a random post.

Let's see...I haven't taken a belly picture for a bit, but I think I'll take one for sure this coming Thursday because I will be 20 weeks.  Did you hear that?  20 weeks!! I am almost half way there!  How did that happen?  It's such a surprising thing to say to people when they ask how far along I am.  And I'm sure it will continue to be surprising throughout the rest of my pregnancy.

We have been having such great weather this past week that it got us motivated to get started on painting the nursery.  We invited family (Brita, Lane & family, Kyle & Brianna and mom) over to help and have a BBQ.  We got primer and one coat of paint done.  It is amazing how much paint can change a room.  I love poking my head in the room and seeing it with this new paint color because it is becoming more real that it is our baby girl's room.  It is going to be fun to continue putting this nursery together little by little and I can't wait to see the finished product.  Here is a picture to give you an idea.  It will look better with the second coat and without all the tape on the walls.
It's probably too early, but I think the "nesting" they talk about in pregnancy is starting to kick in because I want to paint the whole house now!  We actually did buy paint for our upstairs bathroom, so we are planning on painting that sometime soon.  We are trying to decide what color we want to paint our entry way, kitchen and the wall up the stairs.  Right now, it's all the same color and all the rooms are connected in a way that it would be hard to break it up to do different colors.  I might ask for opinions soon, so stay tuned!

After we painted and ate our food, we (with Kyle, Brianna and mom) went to the first REAL (pronounced separately: re-al) soccer game of the season.  My Uncle Chris got the tickets for us and we had great seats up close behind one of the goals.  It was great weather too and it was just fun to get out and do something.
This is from two weeks ago, but I was able to hang out with one of my very good friends, Elissa!  She had just returned from her mission in Canada and was traveling to see friends and family.  We didn't go out and do anything too exciting because it was just so nice to sit and talk with one another.  I love good friendships like that--ones to where it can be a long amount of time not seeing or even talking to each other, but once you do, things pick up right where they left off.  I sure hope her transition to real life from mission life goes well for her.
Oh, I almost forgot!  Scott & I went shopping at ROSS not too long ago and Scott saw a new cat scratching post to get for Maddie.  She started to tear apart her other one, so it was time for a new one for her.  I hope she loves all the attention she's getting now because she probably won't get as much once the baby comes. :)
I thought that was going to be the last thing, but Scott reminded me of something else!  Scott has been so great dealing with meals around here.  They are not consistent at all.  During my 1st trimester, I was so sick that cooking was out of the question for a month or two.  It's been a little hard to get back into making consistent meals during the week now that I've been feeling better.  One night, Scott stepped up to the plate and made a great meal for us.  I was very impressed and I love him for how much he does for me and I have no doubt he will be a great help when the baby comes.
As I said earlier, there are many things that I think about turning into blog posts and I always forget to write one. As I've been writing this blog post, some of those things have started to come back.  I'm going to write those down now before I forget so I can write a blog post tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment