Sunday, June 16, 2013

Brigham City Temple Trip

Way back on June 8th, the family (except for Scott because he was working and Rebecca who was taking care of 5 kids) traveled up to Brigham City to do a temple session.  The location of this temple is a little bit further away, so it was an all day affair.  It is a smaller temple, so you have to make reservations for the session you want to attend.  I was able to do another family name and I hadn't been to the temple in a bit, so it was nice to go.  The only thing that was an issue was my temple dress was a little too snug on my pregnant belly.  If I go to the temple again between now and when I have the baby, I'll have to make sure that the temple has clothes for me to rent because my own temple dress sure isn't getting used again.

Afterwards, we met up with Rebecca and the kids at a park and had lunch.  Brianna, Kyle & Aaron took off after and the rest of us drove to the Golden Spike National Park.  "It commemorates the completion of the first Transcontinental Railroad where the Central Pacific Railroad and the Union Pacific Railroad met on May 10, 1869. The final joining of the rails spanning the continent was signified by the driving of the ceremonial Golden Spike." (source: Wikipedia.com)

We stayed there until they closed and then headed home.  I didn't get too many pictures and they were all taken on my phone.  The quality of pictures really isn't that bad on my phone, but I need to start taking pictures with my nicer camera (especially since the ones of the temple were taken out of a car window).


No comments:

Post a Comment