Tuesday, December 10, 2013

10 Pregnancy Facts

I've been seeing on facebook people posting a certain number of things about their pregnancy that are interesting or not known by too many people.  The number varies as it is given by someone how many things to post.  I don't care to post this on my facebook, so I decided I'd do it here.  I'm going to do 10 facts.

1. I actually took a pregnancy test just to prove Scott wrong that I wasn't pregnant.  He kept saying I was, but I didn't want to believe it.  Turns out, Scott was right this time. :)

2. I never had any weird cravings or middle of the night cravings and I'm a little sad I didn't.  You hear so much about that being a part of pregnancy and I kept waiting for it to happen.  I am glad though that I didn't have any of those non-edible food item cravings that can sometimes happen.

3. I don't think I was much of a worrier throughout my pregnancy.  My husband might say otherwise, but the only time I called my doctor for anything was when I strained a muscle in my back. I classify people as worry-warts when they call their doctor for every little thing.  I hardly asked my doctor questions at my appointments.

4. I never really had that "nesting" stage. I never truly had a huge desire to clean the whole house or go crazy making crafts.  I was actually quite lazy being pregnant.

5. I hated being pregnant at Christmas time because I couldn't enjoy it at all.  It's hard to be in the Christmas spirit when you're throwing up 6-7 times a day.

6. My favorite part of pregnancy was feeling Kylie move inside of me and letting Scott get to feel it. Kylie was nice and didn't hurt me when she moved and kicked around, so I would have been fine with her moving all day.

7. I was genuinely surprised that my belly button didn't pop out. I thought everybody's belly button popped out when they got pregnant! It got me thinking sometimes that there was something wrong when the "normal" things during pregnancy didn't happen.

8. My least favorite part of pregnancy was how exhausted I was the whole time.  I slept a lot and spent a lot of time on my couch doing nothing.

9. I love that we had a girl. I would have been happy if it was a boy, but probably not as excited as when I found out we were having a girl.

10. I am grateful that there were no serious complications during my pregnancy.  I hope future pregnancies go as great as this one did. 

1 comment:

  1. That seems like such a long time ago now. But so glad Kylie is here now! Glad you weren't worry wart or nothing complicated happened. I take phone calls all day for Women's Center and there are a lot of worried people out there or there are a lot of complications that are sad or concerning. But I only hear the concerning stuff, not all the good things that happen too.

    ReplyDelete