Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thankful

I am definitely grateful for a lot this year.  This year has definitely been one full of changes.

     To start, I am thankful for my job.  I know that I am not as happy with it right now, but I'm grateful for it.  I've got a lot of great co-workers who have stood up for me with administration, parents and students.  They were especially great while I was pregnant and made sure no one made me cry.  I will miss them when I leave.

     I am thankful for all of my family.  They have been so supportive during my pregnancy and the birth of Kylie.  It is so nice that I can count on my immediate family and my in-laws if we need anything.

     I am thankful for Kylie and the joy she brings to my life.  Taking care of her is the hardest and most different work I've done so far in my life.  It is also the most rewarding work.  My heart melts every time I see her smile, even at 3:00 in the morning.  I'm so grateful she is in my life as she will change me in ways I never thought possible.

     I am thankful for my husband, Scott.  It is hard for me to put into words how appreciative I am of him.  Every day, I just wonder how lucky I am that he is in my life.  I just hope I am as good to him as he is to me.  I am thankful I get to be with him for eternity.

Thanksgiving turned out nice this year.  I spent the morning cuddling Kylie and preparing the dishes I took to dinner (fruit salad, green bean casserole and jell-o cheesecake).  I also made these cute turkeys I saw on pinterest to put with the name plates.
We ate a delicious dinner and then played some games afterwards.  It was a nice, relaxing day with family.
Rebecca's family brought this. It had a bunch of olives surrounding the cucumber.
Shooting turkeys with nerf guns.
Scott and all his turkeys.
Brianna & Kyle shooting Scott b/c he stole their turkeys.
Sorry Brianna & Rebecca. Caught you eating.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment