Saturday, November 23, 2013

High Five for Friday

1. I'm trying to be better at making meals at home.  I don't always make every meal I plan for, but I'm getting better.  I found this recipe for homemade bagel bites on one of my favorite blog sites and it was a great quick night meal.

 
2. What can I say about Scott that I haven't already said?  I've been having a rough time going back to school.  It's a combination of knowing that I'm not at home with Kylie and getting the students to respect me.  It's hard to come back after the students had 7 weeks with a substitute.  I also think my hormones have been a little crazy too.  I've been getting upset over the littlest things and just unhappy every day.  I had a break down a few days ago and Scott was so good to not let me pout and wallow in my sadness for too long.  I've realized that I need to have a better attitude when I go to school or else it is going to be a long 6 months until I'm done.  He bought me some beautiful flowers. I love that husband of mine so much.
3. I'm excited for the holidays coming up! Thanksgiving is next week and although it's later than usual, it still seems like it came up fast.  Christmas will be super fun because we are headed to California.  It will be nice for a vacation, but I am a little nervous to take Kylie on a road trip.  I've heard it's easier to take babies because all they do us sleep, so I hope that's the case with Kylie.  I just can't wait to spend some time away from work and focus on just Kylie and Scott.

4. I ordered this great family birthday board from this lady on facebook.  I could have made it myself, but with some crafts, it's easier to just let someone else do it.  The yellow isn't exactly the color I was looking for and the brown is a little dark.  I wanted a more light yellow to match the entry room walls.  I think I'll still be able to find a place for it, but it won't be where I originally wanted it.
5. LaCaille came and went.  The students loved seeing Kylie again.  I was a little disappointed in the food this time, so hopefully it will be better in the spring because it will be my last time!
Kylie's face cracks me up!
Kylie has a fascination with sticking her tongue out.
Love their matching hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment