Friday, November 15, 2013

High Five for Friday

1. The GRE test is finally out of the way for Scott!  He looked up his scores for the computer portion and they are in the average range.  He won't know his essay score for another week or so.  Now, he just needs to finish his application to BYU for a masters in nursing.  We will see come January if he gets in!

2. Having Kylie at home made it a little difficult for Scott to study during the day, so the day before his test, I took Kylie to school with me all day.  We were both a little nervous since she can be fussy sometimes, but she did great!  The kids all loved her and Kylie loved to smile at them.  During my Teen Living class, I had us do an activity and Kylie was just talking the whole time.  She even waited to eat until I had my lunch!  She was such a good baby and it was so much fun to have her at school with me.
Staring at herself in the giant mirror in the kitchen.
3. Scott & I got new callings in our ward.  It was a little funny/awkward how we found out.  I went to church without Scott since he had worked the night before and didn't come home until late in the morning.  I headed off to Sunday School and there were two sisters already sitting in the classroom.  I asked if they were having a class in there and they said yes.  I asked which and they said the 16-17 year olds.  We were all so confused as I had no idea we were released since no one had come and talked to us, but these two ladies had been told that they were supposed to teach that Sunday.  I talked to the bishop later and he apologized.
      Anyway, Scott is the deacons quorum adviser and in Scouts now and I am a Relief Society visiting teaching supervisor.  That means that I have to call everyone and find out if they did their visiting teaching that month.  I am not the biggest fan of calling people on the phone.  Especially with what I have to ask them.  Scott's calling is going to be new and different for us.  There are a lot of obligations with Scouting and it's definitely hard with Scott's work schedule being night shifts and on the weekends.  I do know that if Scott gets into school, he most likely wouldn't be able to keep up with the calling on top of school and work.  I think he'll have fun though because there are so many deacons (about 12 right now!).

4. Kylie and I went to celebrate her cousin Dylan's first birthday the other day.  Dylan had fun playing with Kylie and it will be even more fun when she can play back.
5. A couple weeks ago I used a buy one get one free coupon to get some cupcakes from The Sweet Tooth Fairy.  It was the most tastiest, delicious cupcake I've ever had in my life.  Seriously, I usually do not like chocolate cake or cupcakes, but if I could only eat one flavor of cupcake for the rest of my life, it would be this one.  The chocolate cake was so moist unlike some cupcakes which are really dense.  Top that cake with peanut butter frosting, pretzels and drizzled chocolate and caramel and you have heaven in your mouth!  I wanted to go and buy one of those again the next day I loved it so much.  Too bad cupcakes aren't good for an every day diet, but this will be the cupcake I'm getting for any special occasion from now on. 
The picture doesn't do it justice. I have bad lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment