Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts

So this is going to be a random post.  I have some past events to talk about and then some recent events.  I also want to update about Kylie a little bit.  Sometimes I miss doing the monthly posts because it helped me keep track of all the amazing things she's doing.

I haven't been 100% in keeping up with the weekly schedule I made up a few weeks ago.  The only days I've really been good at are the cook/bake Tuesday and library Wednesday.  I'm still having a hard time thinking of different activities for Kylie to do.  She still puts everything in her mouth so I feel like a lot of art activities are out.  I do try to have a music time where we play the piano or listen to music and have a dance party.  Kylie loves books, so there isn't really a reading time as she wants to read every time she sees a book!  Kylie then usually plays with her toys throughout the day.  I'm crossing my fingers that she will grow out of putting things in her mouth by the time winter comes or I don't know what I'm going to do! 

Last Monday I decided to try out an activity and made edible peanut butter play dough.  It was just peanut butter, marshmallows and some powdered sugar.  I think I added too much powdered sugar as the play dough was a little stiff.  So, Kylie just ended up eating the play dough.  Again, pretty much any art activity is going to have to wait until she stops eating everything.
Tuesday, I made another batch of pumpkin muffins except these ones were raspberry cream swirled muffins.  They were really good!  I didn't have any Greek yogurt, so I just used regular vanilla yogurt and I think it gave them a spongier texture.  Scott doesn't usually like pumpkin, but he really enjoyed these muffins.
On September 26th, it was national pancake day so Kylie and I celebrated with some home-made pancakes.  She sure loves them.  Kylie also loves eggs.  I would even say that they are her favorite food.  That and chow mein noodles from Panda Express.  She can scarf those two foods down like no other.
So, Maddie likes to drink out of the sink right?  Well, Kylie likes to put her hands under the running water while she's drinking and Maddie sometimes licks her hands.  One time, Kylie wasn't done running her hands under the water so I put her in the sink and she had a blast playing around in it.  The bad thing is that Kylie wants to do it every time she sees the sink.
We had about a week's worth of rain here a few weeks ago in Utah.  It actually flooded in southern Utah and washed away part of the I-15 road!  There was even a pretty big thunder storm that woke me up in the middle of the night.  That doesn't usually happen out here.  One morning, I went outside and saw the sky looking like this:
Haven't seen thick clouds down low like that before.
Baseball isn't usually the most exciting sport to watch on television even if my favorite team is playing.  However, when your hometown team of the Kansas City Royal's have made it to the playoffs for the first time since 1985, you watch their baseball games on TV!  Their wild card game was amazing and had my heart racing the whole time.  I have never been so excited watching a baseball game at home.  They swept (won the first 3 games) against the Lon Angeles Angels and are now in the American League Championship Series!  If they win against the Oriels then they are in the world series!!  I would be so happy if they made it and played in the world series.  Of course, it would be amazing if they won the world series! Take the crown, Royal's!
 Lastly, here are some cute pictures of Kylie.  This dress is one of our favorite outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment