Monday, May 18, 2015

Baby Sister or Brother?

Today is the day we get to find out if this baby is a boy or a girl!  We found out at 16 weeks with Kylie, but decided to wait until 20 weeks with this one.  With Kylie, I always had this gut feeling that she was a girl so I was super excited when I found out she was one.  I have to say that I haven't had any sort of feeling about what this baby is so I am very curious to find out.  Scott and I are both fine with whatever gender it is.  It would be fun to have a boy so that we will have one of each, but it would also be fun for Kylie to have a sister.  We can't wait to find out!

Like with Kylie, I decided to look at the ways to guess your baby's gender. 

Guess #1: Position of the bump: This is one that I'm not sure about yet because I don't think my tummy is large enough to notice if I'm carrying high (girl) or low (boy).  We'll find out if it's true later! Verdict: Undetermined

Guess #2: Craving sweet or sour: They say that if you are craving sweets often, then you are having a girl and if you crave salty & sour foods, then you are having a boy. Verdict: Boy

Guess #3: Skin changes: If you have glowing skin, then you are having a boy and if acne is popping up everywhere, then you are having a girl because she is stealing your beauty (haha).  Verdict: Boy

Guess #4: Heartbeats per minute: If the heartbeat is below 140, then it's a boy and if it's above 140 beats per minute, then it's a girl. Verdict: Girl (147 at the latest appointment...although the baby was moving so much that the doctor had a hard time getting a really good heartbeat.)

Guess #5: Morning sickness: If your first trimester was unbearable (throwing up constantly), then you can blame your little girl.  If morning sickness wasn't that bad, then you can thank your little boy.  Verdict: Girl (Um yeah, no question about this one. I had to get an IV for heavens sake!)

Guess #8: Ancient Chinese birth chart: There is this chart that you can look at that bases your baby's gender prediction on the mom's age and the month of conception.  Verdict: Undetermined (This one is a little confusing because I got pregnant at age 28 and then turned 29 this year, so when I put in my birthday, it would go off the fact that I'm 29, which would be a girl.  However, some charts I've looked at will say boy and go off of the fact that I was 28 when pregnant. I'm not sure which one is the original one as there's so many different ones out there now.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment