Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mother's Day

This mother's day was really nice.  Scott had to work that day so he headed out in the morning and then came home about an hour later.  He said that a co-worker of his offered to cover the first 6 hours of his shift so he could spend time at home.  How nice of that co-worker!  So, Scott got Kylie when she woke up and they made me breakfast in bed.  I had some delicious french toast and then we headed off to church.  Scott wore his work clothes as he had to leave straight from sacrament to work.  It worked out that he was able to come because the teachers in primary were singing along with the kids for their mother's day song and he was able to watch Kylie while I did that. 

Kylie and I came home, took naps and then headed over to have dinner with my mom.  We had dinner and Scott joined after work and it was fun.  I'm so glad that I've been feeling better because I was able to make these cute mother's day pictures for grandma Becky, Nadine and Roberta.  Hopefully they liked them.  Kylie was actually very cooperative when I did them.  It did help that I sat her in her chair so she couldn't move around a lot, but the fact that she didn't try to eat the paint is always good.

Scott put together my mother's day gifts the day beforehand and they were fun!  There's this company called Edible Arrangements and they make elaborate arrangements out of fresh fruit.  Sometimes they dip the fruit in chocolate as well.  Here's an example of one:
 
These are fun, but super expensive.  So, instead of buying me one Scott decided to make me one!!  It looked awesome and I really appreciate the time he took to make it for me.  He also hand-made chocolate covered strawberries.  It was sweet to have these hand-made treats from him.

It is still a little surreal to realize that I am a mother of two children, even though one of them is still in my belly.  I am definitely still learning on how to be the best mom I can for my kids and I'm sure I'll keep learning for the rest of my life.  I am very grateful that I am in this stage of life and all the love, learning and happiness that it entails.  I am especially grateful for these two kids of mine who make me a mom.  It really is the best job in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment