Saturday, May 5, 2012

My Birthday

My birthday turned out to be a great day!  I felt special all day thanks to friends and family with all of the surprises that I received.

My first surprise happened as I was leaving to drive to school that morning.  I opened the door, not expecting anything, and balloons came flooding into the room.  There was a poster taped saying 'Happy Birthday Emily' to the outer part of the door as well.  I was in a little bit of a hurry to leave and the balloons flooding in scared me so bad.  It makes me laugh that it would scare me so much, but it was a good scare.  After continuously asking Scott if it was him, I discovered that it was Andrew and Rebecca who did it.  Thanks guys!  It was a great way to start my day!
I moved it to the wall later since I couldn't take a picture in the morning.

The balloons that scared me.
I had been having this craving for a doughnut for a while, so I stopped at the grocery store on the way to school and figured that since it was my birthday, I could eat one and not feel guilty (that is such a good feeling).  Teaching went really well and I found out that 3 other students had birthdays that day as well.  April 30th is a good day.

My second surprise came when I went to my mail box at school and found cookies, a truffle bar, a 10 pack of Baby Ruth's and 2 cards.  It reaffirmed to me that I love birthdays!

My third surprise came while teaching when Scott came into my last class with flowers and a card.  He stayed for about 5 minutes before he had to run off to "do some stuff".  On the card, Scott said that he had cleaned my car while I wasn't looking.  Scott had taken my car to a place to get it washed, waxed, vacuumed and just cleaned out of any trash that was in there.  Not that my car really needed cleaning, but it was such a nice surprise and thoughtful gesture.
Flowers and goodies from school.
Up close of my birthday flowers!
Once I came home, I got some presents from Scott.  We had gone shopping at Kohl's about a week before and I picked out a food processor that I wanted, so hopefully this will save me some time in making dinner.  Scott also got me some other chocolates and the movie "I Am Number Four".  My dad and Roberta sent a birthday package and I opened that as well.  Part of my birthday request was a shopping day since I was in desperate need of spring/summer clothes.  So, about a week and a half before my birthday I took myself on a shopping trip.  I couldn't wait until my birthday, so I wore all my clothes right away.  Haha.  Why wait?  Clothes are for wearing right?

Relaxation, TV watching and nap taking then happened until it was time for dinner.  We actually went and got my cupcakes before dinner, dropped them back off at the house and then headed to dinner.  Scott had in mind to go to Tucanos restaurant.  Apparently that is a popular place to eat on a Monday night and there was a 2 hour wait, so we went to Macaroni Grill instead which was delicious.
My delicious cupcakes!!
Out to dinner with my sweet husband!
Drawing on the table at Macaroni Grill.
After dinner we headed home to change before we went to this trampoline place called Jump On It.  I had bought a Groupon for it a few months ago and convinced a friend to buy one too.  I figured my birthday was the perfect time to use it.  I've never been to a place like that before, but it turned out to be surprisingly fun!  They had a huge trampoline area and a rock wall where you could climb and then fall into a foam pit.  It was actually pretty good exercise as well.  We were all sweating by the time we were done.  Our friends, Heather & Skylar, are great and took me out for ice cream.  We went to McDonald's, ate ice cream and talked until it got late and was time for bed.
It really was a great birthday and I can't wait for next year!  Now, time to start planning for Scott's birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment