Saturday, May 5, 2012

Tulip Festival

There is this place called Thanksgiving Point here in Utah.  It has a bunch of different activities you can do, a movie theater and beautiful gardens.  This post talks about the time we went there last October.

During the spring, they have this thing called The Tulip Festival.  Ever since I've moved to Utah, I've wanted to go and see it, but have never had the chance to...until this year.  When Scott asked me for a birthday list, going to the tulip festival was on it.  The festival ended 2 days before my birthday, so that's when we went (28th of April).

I was actually expecting something much different.  I was expecting there to be rows and rows of tulips in a field, like this:
However, this is not Holland, so this is not what it looked like at all.  It was pretty much going to the Thanksgiving Point Gardens and seeing tulips mixed in with a bunch of other flowers.  Despite that it did not look like what I expected, it was still very beautiful.  It was a little chilly when we went, so it will be fun to go back to the gardens when it's warmer and have a picnic or something there.  I have lots of pictures to share on this one since it really was very pretty.
These were my favorite flower.

These were Scott's favorite flower.


Pretty tulips along this little creek.







There's going to be this area in the gardens with statues depicting parts of Christ's life.

This one and the one above are the only ones built to full size.  It think there will be about 12 total.


Afterwards, Scott and I came home, ate diner and watched a movie.  It was a fun date night with my favorite person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment