Thursday, April 4, 2013

Projects

With the nice weather, we have been working on the inside of the house and the outside.  Scott is so excited to get going on yard work that we've already bought a combined apple tree (5 different apples on one tree), a few raspberry bushes and fertilized the yard.  We want to plant some more flowers, rose bushes, strawberries and a fruit cocktail tree!  I'm glad that Scott gets excited about yard work and I know it will take time to reap some of the rewards of what we planted, but I'm glad we're getting a good start.

Last year, we bought some tulips and needed to get them planted.  I worked on weeding the area and then let Scott plant the tulips.  Oh, I should have known better.  Scott told me that he planted the tulips in a star shape around the tree and I really didn't believe him.  Okay, I didn't want to believe him.  Well, there is proof now!!  Our tulips are sprouting and the star shape is more obvious than ever.  It actually is fun to go out and see that star shape out front.  Here's a picture:
On the inside of the house, we have two painted rooms down!  The nursery has its final coat of purple on and it looks great!  It changes the room so much and I love peeking in to look at it.  I know I posted pictures on a post before and who knows if you'll be able to see a difference, but here's an after picture.
The second room that got painted is the bathroom upstairs.  This post about the seashell wreath I made shows some pictures of the what the bathroom looked like before.  We bought a nice blue to paint to go along with our beach theme.  Here are the after pictures:
Looks great, right?!
Now it is time to slowly start putting the nursery together.  The hardest part for me will be spending money to put the room together!  I'll keep you updated as we slowly start getting pieces to put it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment