Sunday, November 18, 2012

Seashell Wreath

Scott & I have our upstairs bathroom decorated with a beach theme.  For decorations on the wall, I found this picture here for inspiration:
I really wanted to do something like this, so I got a wreath at Michael's ($3) and a bag of seashells at Ross ($8).  The wreath I got was a straw one, so I used some leftover yarn to wrap around for a white background.  I still don't know where people find foam wreaths besides somewhere like Home Depot, so if you know, please share.

I just hot glued everything on and I think it turned out great!  It definitely makes our bathroom look more complete except I'd still like to paint the bathroom wall yellow, but for now, it looks good.


2 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I have seen foam wreaths at Wal-Mart, but we have a big craft and fabric section here and I know not all Wal-Mart stores do! The yarn totally works though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the yarn looks pretty cool. Twine would work well, too. All of the craft stores should have the styrfoam wreaths, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or JoAnne. I am looking forward to seeing your house sometime soon. It sure looks like you are having a lot of fun decorating it!!

    ReplyDelete