Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gratitude Day #...?

Okay, so I'll be honest.  After day #18, I got too busy to keep up with the days of gratitude.  I could catch up, but I'll just end my 18 days of gratitude with the fact that I am very blessed and I am very very grateful for everything that I have been blessed with.  There really is nothing for me to complain about and doing these days of gratitude really helped me to look at the bigger picture and to not complain about the little things.

This year for Thanksgiving, everybody in my family was doing something different and so my mom wanted to do a small dinner celebration with everyone.  I started out great in taking pictures, but then fell short of actually taking pictures of people.

 Mom made these cute turkeys which I then made for my Thanksgiving dinner.
Full table shot!
The Mashed Potato Matterhorn
 Delicious food!
 This was a test shot to check out the lighting, but then I forgot to take a picture of everyone. Oops.
Okay, so somebody posted a video on facebook of a quick way to get pomegranate seeds.  It usually takes Scott about an hour or so to peel it by hand, so when I saw a pomegranate at grandma's house, I knew I wanted Scott to try the method out.
First, you take the pomegranate and cut it in half.  Then you carefully stretch out the pomegranate.  Find a bowl and put the pomegranate in your hand upside down.  Take a wooden spoon in the other hand and then whack the pomegranate and watch the seeds come out!
It was amazing how quickly they all came out!  Scott told me later that he prefers his method of getting pomegranate seeds, but it's great for when you are in a rush.

Also, I had this post written for a few days, but while trying to upload photos I found out that I have used my 1 GB worth of free storage of photos with Google web albums (which is where the pictures I upload automatically go).  I really want to keep updating the blog and so I decided to purchase 25 GB worth of storage space.  I have to pay $2.50 a month for it, which isn't bad, but if I get tired of paying, I can cancel anytime and then maybe make a new blog or something.  Either way, knowing that I'm paying helps keep me motivated to keep updating this blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment