Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home

My dad came into town last weekend, the 1st-3rd!  It was great to see him and we had fun despite plans not being made until last minute.  He came into town Thursday afternoon (the 1st) and was staying at a hotel in Lehi.  I was already going to be down at Andrew & Rebecca's for Sharlynne's violin lesson, so after dad's plane got in, he headed down to hang out.  Scott was scheduled to work that night, but he got called off and was able to come down for dinner!  We waited until Brianna & Kyle got off work and school and we all headed to Los Hermanos for dinner.  It was actually pretty good Mexican food and I filled up on chips and salsa like always.  We then headed back to Andrew's and played some games to finish the night.

Friday, I got lucky and had the day off of school, so we were able to hang out with my dad all day.  He wanted to get us a house warming gift and since we had an empty futon frame, we figured getting a futon mattress was the best choice (especially since family is coming into town soon!).  We headed to a mattress store that didn't exist, then to Wal-Mart and Target.  Aaron tagged along and of course suggested IKEA, so we got some Jamba Juice and headed there.  We found a great mattress that fits perfectly for a decent price.  While there, we had some fun with these wooden statues that you could pose in any position.
YMCA!!
Guess who posed this one?
Scott on a futon display at Wal-Mart.  He scared a couple of guests who walked by.
After getting our mattress, we realized that we still had time before everybody was getting together for dinner and bowling.  So, we went mini-golfing!  Even though I stink, I love mini-golf and I'm glad that it was nice weather to be able to play outside.  I forgot who won in the end, but it was either dad or Scott.
Dad's hole-in-one!
Scott & Aaron
My hole-in-one! It was the very last hole.
After mini-golf, it was time to meet up for dinner at Zupa's.  We ate and then headed to go bowling!  I don't know what happened with me, but I did not do well on any of the 3 games that we played.  Maybe I was too rusty or it just wasn't a good night of bowling for me.  Brianna, Kyle, dad and Scott did awesome though! Check out their scores:
Scott is snowflake, Kyle is Mr. Rodgers, dad is Smiley and Brianna is Blondie.  Andrew, Rebecca, Aaron and my scores did not even come close to theirs!  It was still a fun night despite how awful I bowled.
Brianna getting another strike.

As a surprise, dad brought us some Kinder Eggs!!  They are illegal in the U.S., but somehow our parents were able to get us them on occasion when we were younger, so it was fun to get a little reminder of the past.

Saturday night, we got together and had some home-made pizzas and a game night.  It had been since Brianna's wedding that I had seen dad, so it was great to see him again.  Scott and I are still trying to figure out a good time to go visit Missouri and maybe it will this summer with Scott finally being done with school!  We want to do a road trip and make some stops on the way to Missouri, so it's been hard to find enough time to do that.  Anyways, Dad, it was great to see you!  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment