Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gratitude Day #13

Today, I am grateful for my job.  I am a junior high teacher at Wasatch Junior High, teaching those students essential life skills, like how to cook and sew.  This job really was a tender mercy from the Lord.  I had an awful student teaching experience which made me re-think wanting to be a teacher for my career.  I graduated in December and then drove back to Missouri because I had no job offers (I wouldn't have worked in Vegas anyway; it really was awful).  I began working at Kohl's and started looking into substitute teaching.  I really had no idea what exactly I was going to do with my life.

One day, my friend Teresa from college called to tell me about a job offer out in Utah.  She had done her student teaching at Wasatch and got offered a full-time job at a high school.  The teacher she was a student under wanted to go part-time and they needed to hire a teacher quickly.  I called the principal, interviewed over the phone and got the job!  I moved out to Utah at the end of the week and started my job.  I got thrown in and it has taken me 3 1/2 years to really get the hang of teaching.

There have been ups and downs, but I am grateful for what I teach, the people I teach with and the students I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment