Saturday, November 10, 2012

Gratitude Day #10

Today, I am grateful for my Family & Consumer Science major or home economics as some still call it.  This major is more than just the "Mrs. degree" that people at BYU and BYU-Idaho like to call it.  I am using what I majored in and teaching junior high students some of the skills that I learned in college.  The skills that I learned is what I'm mostly grateful for.  Now, I am in no way an expert in anything, but I do like to think that I have just enough knowledge to keep me going.

My friends Amanda and Janora came over today and I decided to make them some pumpkin chocolate chip bread.   It turned out delicious and I am glad that I have the skills to be able to make something like that for them.  I am grateful for the ability to learn new skills as well.

I am grateful that this major is something that I enjoyed earning and that the knowledge I received is still used today.
Yum
P.S. Here is our home covered in pretty snow!  I took a picture today since I deleted the previous one.  The driveway was covered in snow yesterday, but Scott shoveled it plus it started to melt as well.

1 comment:

  1. I made your blog! Awesome. I need to get on my blog again. It has been a year...or more. It was so awesome seeing you today! Thanks again for the yummy treat! :) I love that we live so close!

    ReplyDelete