Sunday, November 4, 2012

30 Days of Gratitude


So, I know that today is November 4th and I've already missed 3 days of being thankful, but I figure there's no harm in starting today with the 30 Days of Gratitude in November.  Once I get today done, then it will be easier to continue doing it everyday.  It's something that a lot of people are doing on facebook and I could do it that way, but I'd rather have it on my blog so I can look back on it to remember.  Some friends are posting pictures with what they're grateful for and I want to do my thankful post with a picture each time, if possible.

Okay, here we go: Gratitude Day #4: I am thankful for family.  I have been blessed with my own immediate family and with a great in-law family.  We all have much fun when we get together.  Almost all of my immediate family is out here in Utah (except for my dad) and it's nice to be able to get together on occasion.  We've fallen out of the family dinner every month, but we still try to hang out when we can.  I see Rebecca and her kids every Thursday for Sharlynne's violin lesson.  Just this weekend, we all hung out because my dad was in town (Separate post about that).  This picture is from Brianna's wedding, but it's the only recent one with everybody in it.


Most of Scott's family are out in California.  He has his sister Brita and her family here in Utah not too far from where we live, so we see them on occasion.  I am grateful that we are able to see Scott's family for Thanksgiving when they all come up.  It will be nice to show them the house, make dinner for them and just hang out together. Here's another wedding picture, but this time from our wedding.  Unless you take regular family pictures, I feel like weddings are the only time where family gets together and "family pictures" are taken.
The only people missing are Scott's brother Jon and Brooke (who hasn't been born yet).
Anyways, point of the post is that Scott & I are truly thankful for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment