Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Gratitude Day #6

Today is election day!!  Obama and Romney have turned this into quite the election.  There has been months of political propaganda bombarding the T.V. and my facebook.  It has definitely brought up some strong opinions from people.  Luckily, I don't get easily offended by political banter, but it has been interesting to see those who do.  Neither Scott or I are huge on politics, but we figure that we will vote according to what we believe and then deal with the results the best we can.  Sometimes it is hard to find out that things might not get better with certain things (economy, healthcare, etc.) and it makes me nervous for the future, especially with bringing kids into this society.  Honestly, I don't think that things will change quickly no matter who is president.  So, we will see what the results are and no one truly will know what the future will hold.

So, I am grateful today for the opportunity that I have to voice my opinion on matters pertaining to my country and life.  Although sometimes it may seem that my opinion is useless at times, it is still nice to have the agency to be able to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment