Sunday, November 11, 2012

Gratitude Day #11

Today, I am grateful for the gospel.  My brother Aaron works at the Salt Lake Temple and every year they have a special temple workers devotional just for them.  He invited Scott & I to come this year, but Scott had to work the night before and was unable to come unfortunately.  Elder Richard G. Scott (of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles) spoke.

The devotional was held in the solemn assembly room in the temple (the floor right before the roof), which is closed off to members (except the apostles) any other time.  It is a place where the prophet and apostles can receive revelation.  Some members of the temple presidency spoke about the historical significance of the assembly room and about the blessings of the gospel being put back on the earth.  Elder Scott's talk was great.  He is such a sweet man because the first thing he talked about was how people who have passed beyond the veil are doing important work and how is wife has been gone for 18 years. He said that he would stay on earth as long as Heavenly Father needed him and then once that's done, he's out of here and headed to his wife.  He then just re-emphasized the blessings of the temple and encouraged us to keep pushing forward to be better.

















I am also grateful for the temple.  I know that I do not go as often as I should, but it is a place that strengthens my testimony every time I go.  Although I don't know everything about the gospel, I do know that it is true and that it has guided my life to where it is today (which is pretty awesome if I do say so myself) and will continue guiding me in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment