Wednesday, May 22, 2013

28 Weeks!

I haven't done a baby update for a while either!  And I know it's been a while because the last baby post was one about being 20 weeks along and I am now 28 weeks.  Yeah, that's just a little chunk of time in between. :)

Since I am 28 weeks, I am officially in my 3rd trimester!  I am in the home/final stretch of pregnancy.  I can't believe it!  I am so happy that we are going to meet our little girl in a little over 2 months, but getting nervous about making sure we have everything before she comes.  It is so funny when people tell me that "I have plenty of time" to get things prepared because in my pregnant mind, I sure don't!

We now have two pieces of furniture for our baby room: a crib and a dresser.  I have planned a 'Operation Baby' weekend for Scott & I since he doesn't have to work this Saturday.  Hopefully we can get some more things to finish the nursery and decide on what stroller and car seat we'd like.  I also need to register for some things before my two baby showers.

It is definitely interesting in looking up what items we will need for our baby and how you buy everything based on personal decisions.  Some websites will recommend a brand that they enjoy and why, but then say that it's your own personal preference which brand you want to go with.  For me, it makes it hard because I have no idea what would be good or what I like since it's my first baby.  I feel like buying everything is a guessing game and you'll see if it works or not.  I don't know, I'd rather spend my money on something that I know is good and will work based on opinions from others.  I tried asking friends on facebook what brand of diaper bag they thought was great and honestly, I didn't really get any helpful answers.  Again, it was all 'buy what you like! or I like large purses!'.  Sigh.  Don't you people understand that I want you to make the decision for me?! Haha.

I went to the doctor just Monday and everything is still going great!  I was able to get another ultrasound (to re-check a small cyst on the brain that the doctor said was totally normal and there was no need to worry because it will probably go away, which it did) and it was so fun to see our girl moving around on screen.  We got to see her holding her toes with her hands and sucking on her fingers!  It made me excited that we get to see her do that outside of my belly real soon.  The doctor has never said anything about my weight gain so far which means I'm doing good.  I actually am proud of myself for not having gained too much weight.  I did gain weight quickly in college and so I worried that it might be same once I got pregnant. 

I have officially bought maternity pants now.  I tried to go as long as I could without buying any, but summer is coming and the most comfortable shorts would be maternity ones.  I have invested in a few skirts too to help keep me cool.  I have also noticed that I am a lot more warm in temperature than I used to be.  There have been a few times where I would know that if I wasn't pregnant, I'd be freezing, but the cooler temperatures didn't even faze me.  I have a feeling that I'll be spending a lot of time in air conditioned places this summer.  :)

This baby girl still does not have a name.  We are going back and forth between a few, but just haven't found that perfect combination.  I sure hope we can decide on a name soon.  I don't want to go to the hospital not having a name in mind or even leave the hospital without a name.  I just couldn't do that.  Who knew that naming your kid could be so hard?!

I have the 'okay' from the doctor to go ahead and fly to Missouri at the end of June.  I know that I will be about 33-34 weeks when we travel, but it really was the only time that worked for us to go out.  We haven't been back to Missouri since our wedding reception and I know once we have our baby, it will be even harder to get out there.  Yes, I will probably be sweating the whole time since it will be hot and humid, but it will also be a lot of fun as well.

A week ago, Scott & I baby-sat Brita & Lane's kids while they went to the temple.  They have a 4-year old (Jocelyn), 2-year old (Brooke) and a 5-month old (Dylan).  The only thing Brita told me about the baby was that he cries before he goes to sleep and that's it.  She didn't say for how long or really how to comfort his crying.  Scott was working and so I was on my own for the first hour and half.  Everything was going great and all the kids were happy.  About 5 minutes after Scott arrived, Dylan started to get really fussy and then he started full-blown crying.  Scott & I tried everything to calm him down, but nothing was working.  He cried for about 30 minutes straight and then while Scott was pacing around the room with him, just fell asleep.  At one point during his 30 minute crying fest, I almost started crying too because not being able to comfort him was so overwhelming.  I started to think "Oh man, I am so not ready for this!  I'm not going to be able to handle this and am I really ready to be a mom?"  Good thing I have such a supportive husband who I know is going to help make raising our little girl easier.

I'll make sure to update before 8 weeks from now and I sure hope blogger or whatever is broken is working so that I am able to post a belly picture and nursery pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment