Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Monthly Update

Okay, so I know that I haven't blogged in a while.  I just sometimes get into these ruts where it's just hard to get on the computer and blog.  I'll still take pictures with the blog in mind though, hoping that I'll get on the computer and write.  I actually don't like doing catch up posts because by the time I write them, I've forgotten a lot of details in the activities that happened.  And with that, it's catch up time!

Back in April, Scott & I went to LaCaille again!  There's always a lower number of students that go to LaCaille during the spring and because of that, we get put in different areas of the restaurant.  This time, we were able to eat in a beautiful garden area with just one other school.  It was too bad that the students weren't able to get to see inside the restaurant, but since I've been multiple times, I loved eating somewhere different.  The food was delicious and it's always an enjoyable experience. 

The same week as LaCaille, Brianna & Kyle graduated from BYU.  I took the day off of school on Friday as that day was all about the graduation.  We had lunch beforehand and then headed over to campus to sit for 2 1/2 hours to see Brianna & Kyle walk across the stage.  The chairs just got a little uncomfortable for a pregnant person.

One interesting thing did happen before graduation started.  ::Disclaimer: Only those who have watched the t.v. show So You Think You Can Dance will really appreciate this::  My dad leaned over and asked if I recognized the guy sitting in front of us.  I couldn't really see his face and my dad was asking about a dance show on television saying he overhead him talking about one.  I said the only dance show on right now that I watch is Dancing with the Stars, but another dance show, So You Think You Can Dance is coming on soon.  I was able to finally get a little peek of his face and after a little Google search, realized that it was Ryan from So You Think You Can Dance!
His wife Ashleigh was on the show too and was sitting next to him (her sister was graduating also, which is why they were there).  I tried to be discrete about finding out this information and wanted to make sure, so I showed a picture to Scott on my phone and asked if the guy sitting in front of us looked like him.  Scott said "I don't know", took my phone, leaned forward and showed him my phone asking if it was a picture of him!  Gosh, I about died after Scott did that.  Ryan was really nice and said yes and then Scott saved me and talked to him and his wife for me.  I didn't ask for a picture, but I thought that was pretty fun story!

Anyways, Brianna & Kyle graduated and then we went to this waffle place afterwards that I thought was actually pretty good.  It was in an interesting location though.  It was located in the middle of an apartment complex.  Good thing I don't live there or else a lot of my money might go to that place!

The day after graduation, Saturday, all us siblings and my dad and Roberta headed to Boondocks to enjoy a day of fun.  This place has quite the variety of activities to do and we bought a pass to do them all!  We first played a round of mini-golf, then the kids & some adults went on the water boats and got soaked.  To dry off afterwards, everyone who got wet took a ride around the go-kart track.  I got to try out the batting cages for the first time.  I definitely did the slow speed and hit the soft balls.  Then after that (we did one activity after another), we lined up to play laser tag.  I was feeling really tired and worn out, so I opted out on laser tag and went and got slushies with Rebecca for her kids.  Our last final activity was the arcade with Scott using our tickets for about 20 laffy taffy. 

Everybody then came to our place for a BBQ dinner.  My poor dad came to our house a few days earlier and his allergies to cats just flared up pretty bad to where his face turned pretty red.  Luckily it was nice weather for us to all eat outside, however, there was no place to stay and play games for a while.  So, we all headed down to Andrew & Rebecca's to hang out and play games.  It sure was a busy, but fun day.

Scott is still working on the 7th floor at the Murray hospital.  He's come home with some very nice notes from patients saying what a great nurse he is.  I am sure that when he becomes a nurse practitioner, people will continue saying how amazing he is at what he does.  To me, the hospital should be the most unlikely place to meet prophets & apostles.  However, it's where he met President Monson and now it's where he met Elder David A. Bednar!  Maybe I should start visiting Scott in the hospital more and I'll get lucky and get to met an apostle or the prophet. :)

School is ending for me and I am so ready for it to be done!  I have some troublesome 8th grade boys that wreak havoc on any class they're in with any teacher.  It is so exhausting trying to keep them under control and I can't wait to be done teaching them for now.  I say for now because they are in 8th grade and I do teach 9th grade classes, so I am a little nervous that I might have some of these boys again.  I will pray hard that I do not.  I am usually very level-headed in dealing with my emotions on what goes on at school, but these kids and my pregnant hormones just take an emotional toll on me.  I am ready for it to be done.  Just 2 1/2 weeks left!  I can do this, I can do this...

Still our baby for now, Maddie is being a good kitty.  She loves to go outside now that it is warmer, plus there is a neighbor cat next door that she likes to hang out with as well.  We accidentally got some of our neighbors mail the other day and went over to give it to them.  Maddie followed us to their house and onto their porch.  The older couple also has two dogs and they did not like seeing Maddie through the glass door.  It was pretty funny though how Maddie would not leave until we left.  I think she was waiting for her friend to come out and play.  My mom bought Maddie a catnip plant that I hope comes back to life.  Honestly, if we were to have you try and locate the plant in our yard, you would not be able to because she has eaten it, clawed at it and sat on it.  It's pretty much unrecognizable.

Okay, so I don't know what's going on and I'm not sure whether it's a blogger issue or an issue with my computer, but I am not able to upload any pictures!!  The only reason why the one of the dancers shows up is because it's from the internet.  I am not able to upload any pictures from my computer and it is so strange.  I did a virus scan for my computer and everything seems to be fine, but it also seems like people are still able to blog with blogger as well.  It's very strange and I hope it fixes itself soon because I'm sure that reading this long of a post without pictures is torture!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment