Tuesday, August 12, 2014

One Year!

Ahh!! Kylie is one year now! I can't believe how fast time has flown. I guess she is technically a toddler now, but I won't use that phrase until she is 2 or 3.  She is still my baby and will always be my baby girl.  We had such a fun birthday party for her.

I'm trying to think if she's done anything major since her 11-month post and I can't think of much.  She got a lot of fun toys for her birthday and she is having fun playing with them.  Her favorite toy is books!  She loves to just sit and flip through the pages of all the books in her room.  Her books are all in this corner and every time she is in her room she goes to that corner, plops down and just starts reading.  It is the cutest thing to see.

We did a lot of celebrating the day before, but we still did some fun things on her actual birthday.  We all slept in and had pancakes for breakfast.  Later in the afternoon, we headed to a splash park that's pretty close to our house.  It's a nice one so it's too bad we found it when summer will be over soon.  After the park, we came home had pizza for dinner and then Kylie played with her toys!

Everyday Scott and I are in awe that Kylie is ours.  This girl came into the world a year ago and turned our life around.  We are so grateful for the experiences we've had so far and look forward to many, many more.  Thanks for being ours Kylie Elizabeth Fletcher! We love you so much!

Checking out her present from grandpa Jack & grandma Roberta
Finishing her cake off the next day!
I got her outfit off some website on Etsy and it came with the headband too.  I love it!  Although it was fun to take pictures every month and to see the progression, it will be nice to only have to do it once a year.  I thought about getting professional 1-year pictures, but then figured I'd just wait until the fall to take family pictures.  The last of the monthly pictures did turn out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment