Saturday, May 7, 2016

Emily's 30th Birthday!

I don't think there's one negative thing I can think of that happened on my birthday. It was a great day from the start. Scott took us to get donuts and then we headed to Zurcher's to pick up the balloons. When we got home, I opened presents from Scott. For lunch, Scott took Kylie to play at McDonald's while I stayed home to relax and finish cleaning for the party. Scott brought lunch home for me and then we finished setting up for the party! It really was a good day.
Love this picture of Kylie while we were setting up the photo booth background.
Testing it out!
Mad we weren't going in right away.
Of course she chose a pink doughnut, but she loved the doughnut holes the best.
Jordan will be so happy once he can eat everything.
Selfie with Jordan!
Opening presents.
Oh yeah, I was able to take a nap too. It's my birthday, I can do what I want!
Kylie stole 3 cupcakes before the party started.
Here's Jordan with the curtain. He loved it,
I went back and forth a lot on what I wanted to do for my birthday. It was such a big occasion; turning 30 on April 30th! I kept trying to decide if doing a big activity or a party would be better. I decided that I wanted to celebrate with as many people as possible, so a party it was. It was easy to decide on the theme of gold since it was my golden birthday (the age you'll be is the same as your birth day). I took to pinterest (as with all parties I plan) and got to searching. I wanted it to look classy, but after going to Zurcher's (party store) and seeing what gold items they had, Scott reminded me that I'm turning 30, not 50. I guess gold is the color for a 50th anniversary. So, instead of a muted gold, I went with the fun and bright gold and I love how it all turned out!! The decorations were noticeable, but not overboard and there was something in every party of the house. My favorite decoration were the large number balloons. They were super expensive though ($8 each!), but totally worth it. Here's some pictures of the decor.
We tied balloons to the jars with flowers in them. The balloons were a perfect addition.
I spray painted mason jars & we planted flowers in them.
The dessert table!
The food table. I found the sign for free online and it was perfect!


The kitchen decorations!
Cupcakes!
I put straws & forks in mason jars.
This curtain lasted two minutes after guests arrived. Oh well, Jordan had fun with it.
Flowers from Andrew & Rebecca and all my photo books!
Gold tassels on the fireplace.
They only had one table skirt at Zurcher's to use. It looks a little funny, but it worked.
Photo props that I downloaded, printed and cut out.
A few people weren't able to make it, but there was still a great turn out and everybody was able to participate in all the activities. With activities, I had hoped that the weather would be nice for us to do things outside, but it was chilly and so the only outside activity was bubbles at the very beginning (which was a huge hit with the kids). Since kids would be there too, any sort of game with teams would be out (we were thinking minute to win it type games). I knew I wanted a photo booth, but that isn't something that would last the whole party. One day at a work meeting, Scott learned of this website called kahoot.it and made a quiz about me for people to take. We put the quiz up on the TV and people answered the questions using their smart phone. It was so much fun and my friend Amanda won with the highest score. For food we had two large Big Daddy's 26" pizzas, golden apples, nacho cheese fountain & chips, cupcakes, golden birthday cake Oreos, & cake.
Bubble party!
I had the same lady who made Kylie's 1st birthday cake make this one. I should've taken one without so much background so you could see the sign better.
Invitation I mailed out to everyone.
The photo booth was a lot of fun! I made sure that everyone went downstairs to get in a picture. It was my only way to make sure pictures were taken. I bribed Aaron (with pins from Disneyland) to bring his nice camera and take pictures for me. They turned out great and I love having the memory of who celebrated with me.
Cute picture of Brooke.
Jocelyn & Brooke
Andrew, Nadine, Dean
Andrew, Nadine, Dean & Kylie
Liz, Ben & their boy William
Love this 4 generation picture!
Scott, Tracy, James,Chris, Helaman
Tracy, Scott, James, Chris
The Peirce family
Elissa, me, Janora, Amanda
Teresa, Jason & their two boys
Joni, Ellery, Heather, Nichole, me, Liz
Gifts! Pants & dish drying towel from dad & Roberta. Gifts from everyone else on chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment