Thursday, January 19, 2012

Kansas City Temple

It is weird to think that Missouri is not really my home anymore.  I have not lived there for the past 3 years and I doubt that when Scott and I start a family, we will end up back there.  It is not that I hate it; it just seems like it is a place that is now part of my past instead of my present and future.  The last time I visited was when Scott and I had our reception for our wedding (August 2010).  I do miss it and I love any chance I can get to read stuff about my hometown (Liberty) and cheer on my hometown sports teams (Go Royals and Chiefs!).  One thing that I just read about was the Kansas City Temple Open House dates.

The closest temple to go to when I was growing up was the St. Louis Temple, which was about 4 hours away.  Once the Nauvoo  Temple was rebuilt, we started to go to that one, but it was still a drive to get there.  This Kansas City Temple is just so exciting!!  From pictures and what I've read, the temple is built about 10 minutes away from where my old house was.  I sometimes secretly wish I was still living in Missouri, so that I could participate in this temple that's been a long time coming for the people of Kansas City.  The open house dates are from April 7th-April 21st.  I love going to temple open houses just because it is fun to be able to see a lot of the temple at once, plus it is a great missionary opportunity.

It is crazy to probably think this is possible, but I have my spring break from teaching the week of April 16th...meaning, that I could go out to Missouri and be able to attend the open house of the temple, in a place that is dear to my heart. (If you're really thinking about going Rebecca, I'll tag along!)  It is probably wishful thinking, but either way, I hope to be able to visit it someday!

I just love the fact that Temples are being built in places where it was never thought possible.  It just makes it more real that the gospel really is being spread to all ends of the Earth. 




4 comments:

  1. You would have a place to stay for free and food and such at our house if you come!! Please do! Would love to see you all and Roberta and I could go with you. Love you Princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    We are seriously, seriously considering it. Jack and Roberta if you would go with us it is even more tempting...
    We are looking at it seriously enough that Andrew and I are trying to figure out if we can swing enough days off for that and the wedding or if I should drive with the kids and he look into flights.
    Money, time, money, time.....
    Hope we can stretch both

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll tag along with you Rebecca and Emily!!! If it works out, I'll make it happen where I can take the time off also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay Rebecca...I'll be awaiting your response because I am all in to go! Scott I don't know about now that he's starting a new job, but we will see.

    ReplyDelete