Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Belated Congratulations

This is something that should have been posted pretty soon after it happened.  On December 17th, Scott graduated with his associates in nursing.  He is now a Registered Nurse (R.N.)!!  He didn't attend the graduation ceremony for a variety of reasons, but I did throw him a party with our family.  All my siblings and my mom were available to come and Scott's sister, husband and kids showed up as well.  It was great to have so much family together showing their support.  We had delicious panini sandwiches for lunch and played some games.  It was a good time and I hope Scott felt that his graduation was recognized.  I wish I had taken pictures, but I was too busy trying to be the host for the party.  Oh well.

(Sorry for the bad pictures...I was in a hurry to take them)

Scott has not received his nursing license yet, but once he does then he will officially be a R.N.
 (This next bit is a little long and really for my own personal "journal".) 

All the way back in October (maybe September), Scott started applying for jobs left and right.  He was talking to every one he could in the hospital trying to find out what he can do to help him get a job.  He didn't start getting interviews until December, but when he did it sure felt like he was getting one after another.  We were feeling so blessed that he was receiving these opportunities.  Scott was so ready to start working as a nurse.  Looking for jobs is such a roller coaster ride.  You get so excited when you get an interview and then feel so disappointed when you don't get it....and then it starts all over again with the next interview.  I can't speak for my husband, but I know that I felt this every time he got an e-mail saying that they went with another candidate.  I kept thinking, "what went wrong?  You said that the interview went great!  You said that they were impressed with you and your answers and your knowledge.  How could they not pick you?"

It wasn't until Scott was offered the job he has now that I realized that Heavenly Father knows what's best for us.  Sure, any of the other jobs Scott interviewed for would have been fine, but this job seems so perfect for him!  Scott is a R.N. in the float pool circuit around the Salt Lake Valley.  This means that he will go to whatever hospital is in need on whatever floor.  He is so excited because he will be getting experience in all areas instead of just one.  It is a great opportunity for him to really figure out what floor he likes working on.

The job is full-time, but his shifts are 12-hour shifts, meaning that he will only be working three nights a week.  I am glad that the time that he will be gone at night is the same as it is now instead of increasing.  I'm not sure I could handle more, especially whenever we decide to start a family.  Another plus is that he will work up in Salt Lake.  We live about 40 minutes south and the school I teach at is up in Salt Lake also.  We are planning on moving once our contract is up in August and it will be so nice not to have to commute every day.

We are so excited for this new journey in our lives and can't wait to see how it goes.  Congratulations, my husband, all your hard work, time and effort have paid off and I am so proud of you!  I love you!

3 comments:

  1. What wonderful news! This will be a fun time for him having a career job (and not just a job to make ends meet kind of thing). Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed! So good for you both! So, is Scott thinking of completing a bachelors degree or is that still to be determined? So happy things are continuing to move for you all! We love you guys! Can't wait to see you again. Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Robert! I knew you could do it.

    ReplyDelete