Saturday, August 11, 2012

Two Wonderful Years

:Warning: Long Post Ahead:

This second year of marriage has been more than amazing and Scott & I have been greatly blessed with all that has happened.  I can't believe how much different this second year has been compared to the first.  Here are some things that happened during our 2nd year of marriage:

1. I started this blog.  At first I thought that blogs were only for people who have children, but I am so glad that I started one.  It is great to have something to look back on to remember all the good and bad times.  What I love, is that this year definitely had more good times than bad.

2. I started to become more creative with cooking.  Scott was very supportive with this and I've actually found some good recipes that Scott loves.  Luckily, he doesn't make fun of me too much for being on pinterest all the time. :)
 3. We ran our first Turkey Trot run together.
4. I did a 24 days of Christmas for Scott.  It was fun to do something nice for him for 24 days and it allowed us to do some fun activities to celebrate the season.
5. We did so great financially that I was able to get a new phone, computer & camera.

6. Scott graduated from school with his associates in nursing in December.  Because of that, he was able to get the job he has now, which has been such a blessing for us.
7. Scott & I were both able to pass our big tests for our careers!

8. We were able to go to the Festival of Colors together for the first time.
9. We went down to California to celebrate my sister getting married.
10. We ran a marathon together (my first & Scott's second).
11. We bought our first house.
12. Scott was able to meet the prophet, Thomas S. Monson.

13. We got another kitty, Madeline.
14. We were able to go on a vacation to Lake Powell (a place we had both never been to).

To celebrate, we went to the Jordan River Temple (the one we got married in) & had a picnic on the grounds before we went in.  Also, I brought my computer & we watched our wedding video.  We then went out for frozen yogurt later and packed for our vacation to Lake Powell.
Beautiful flowers Scott surprised me with!
 
 
What a stinker!
His is all fruit & mine is all candy.
I can't believe that I am here right now...starting on the 3rd year of marriage with the man I love.  I can't thank God enough for bringing him into my life; for he is exactly what I've been needing to help my life make sense.  I can't wait to watch our love and life grow more and more.  Happy Anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment