Monday, July 22, 2013

Paint, Raspberries, a Birthday and Soccer Game


Scott has been working hard at getting the house painted before the baby comes.  We had some help from family painting our family room, but Scott's been painting the kitchen and entry room all on his own.  The blue that we picked for our family room looks great and really brightens up the room unlike the gray that was there before.  We picked a green for the kitchen and a wall in our entry room, but the green turned out to be a lot brighter than we anticipated.  It took us forever to find a green that we liked in the first place so starting over from scratch didn't sound too appealing.  We settled on picking a yellow for the entry room which I think looks great and tones down the brightness of the green.  I'll post pictures once it's 100% finished.
           I am glad that the painting will be done before the baby comes, but I wish there was more time to really figure out how we want the rooms decorated now.  I feel like I don't want to hang up anything we had on the walls before because I am not sure that's where I want them anymore.  I think we might just have some blank walls for a bit as we decide how we want the final look of the kitchen, entry way and family room to be.

My Aunt Debbie & Uncle Kent have a raspberry forest in their backyard.  Because of this, they get a lot of raspberries every year and are sometimes unable to pick them all because there are so many.  Raspberries are Scott's favorite fruit and he loves fresh raspberry jam.  Raspberries are expensive to buy at the store as is, so getting enough to make jam can cost a lot of money.  Luckily for my husband, I was on top of it this year and texted my aunt about coming up to pick some raspberries. She said yes and last week we were able to head on up and pick as many raspberries as we wanted!  Scott was in heaven as he ate about as many as he picked.  Good thing I have self control or else there would be no raspberries to make any jam with.  It was very nice for them to let us come up and get raspberries for free and I think they were glad that we were willing to actually come up and get them ourselves.

Scott is nearing the big 3-0 as he is now 29 years old.  Just like my birthday this year, the celebration was very low-key.  I had plans to head up to Snowbird to chat with some cousins for a few hours in the afternoon.  I was worried Scott would be bored and I felt bad for leaving him on his birthday, but Kyle came over and hung out with him.  Scott, Kyle and Lane then went golfing and had a good time, so I'm glad that Scott went out and did something.  I was able to get home before he did and I made him cupcakes out of his favorite yellow cake mix and chocolate frosting.  The rest of the night was spent relaxing and going to bed early since Scott had to work the next day.  I usually try really hard to make his birthday super special, but I'm okay that it was low-key.  I plan on doing something big for his birthday next year since he'll be turning 30!  Happy Birthday to the man I love so much and who I know will be the best daddy ever! :)

RSL in red & Sporting KC in blue.
Saturday night, we saw Real Salt Lake play soccer against Sporting Kansas City.  My sister Brianna was brave and donned her Sporting KC gear among very dedicated RSL fans.  Kansas City won 2-1, but I do wish it was a better played game.  It seemed that these two teams had it out for one another and there was a lot of tripping, falling and fouls being called.  Either way, my home team won and I was secretly glad on the inside although I was not as brave as my sister to be so vocal about the win.  Afterwards was a fabulous fireworks show to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment