Friday, April 18, 2014

High Five for Friday

1. Spring is in the air! The weather has been really nice here in Utah.  I am loving it and Scott loves that he is able to work on the yard as well.  We've had gopher issues and it is super frustrating!  This darn gopher killed all our tulips out front that were in the star shape and killed 3 rose bushes.  Quite a bit of hard work that we put into the yard last year got ruined in a matter of days.  We're asking everyone what they know on how to get rid of them.  This is one animal Scott doesn't mind killing.  On the plus side, the tulips closest to the house didn't get eaten and they are in bloom!  Also, our fruit trees are blossoming and look so pretty!  I just love the yard during the spring and summer.
 2. Speaking of warmer weather, it is fun to take Kylie outside to play now.  She wasn't sure about the grass at first, but warmed up to it quickly.  I had to keep watching her to make sure she wouldn't eat the grass as everything goes into her mouth now.
3. Also in April besides warm weather, flowers and blossoms is my birthday!  I have a few ideas of what I want to do, but nothing too crazy needs to happen.  I decided that I want getting donuts for breakfast to be a new tradition on my birthday.  Also, I might get a baby-sitter for Kylie and just go out to eat somewhere nice with Scott.  I'll be turning 28 this year!

4. There are a lot of changes happening on Scott's side of the family.  Scott's brother Andrew has been having some difficulty controlling his emotions and anger lately.  He has become a little too physical in his anger and doesn't think as rationally anymore.  He was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for 3+ days and got put on some new medication so we'll see how he reacts to those.  Andrew is also done living at home and at Becky's, so the next step is trying to figure out where he should live.  Speaking of where to live, Dean & Nadine are looking for a new place also!  Dean is retiring at the beginning of May and because of that, they are looking to live elsewhere.  Mesquite, NV is there number one place to look, but are open to maybe spots in Arizona or southern Utah like St. George.  It will be different having them live somewhere other than Riverside and we are glad that we took one last trip out there before it happened.  Scott is having fun looking up houses for his parents though.  He is excited that they will be closer, so that way things like 3-day weekend trips are more possible.

5. On Monday, the 14th, the Natural History Museum of Utah had a free day! You had to get tickets online beforehand and sign up for a time.  Museums aren't totally my thing as they can feel a little boring to me, but I do like how much you learn when you go.  Kylie enjoyed herself as well.  I was a little disappointed in the chocolate exhibit as they didn't have samples at the end to try. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment