Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March Goals

March was a busy month!  Between Scott applying for Westminster, going to California and my dad in town there wasn't a lot of time to get some things done.

For my house project, I had the goal to reorganize the bookshelf.  It was cluttered and had all of Scott's books from school on it.  So I put all but one book in a box and stored it downstairs.  I also removed some other books and organized the shelves into categories.  It looks so much better than it did before! I can stare at it now without cringing. Although I do need to add a picture to the picture frame on it.
Kylie and I were able to see daddy play in two soccer games in March.  They were on the same night and back to back so it made sense to see both.  He's on a great team now too so he just really enjoys playing.

My craft project for the month was the tag blanket. I did a separate post about that one.  I like that I gave myself the goal to be creative at least once a month.

We weren't able to go on an official date in March, but that's okay because we got to spend a lot of time in California together.  I also slacked in doing any special developmental activity for Kylie, but I think I'll count Disneyland as something special.  There were also plans for a dinner with friends, but it fell through.

We were able to get out and do a family activity once a week which I was happy about.  We hung out with Brita and her family, Bryan & Natalie, went shopping at the mall and obviously did activities in California and with my dad & Roberta.  I sure slacked on my menu plan though.  The first week I did great and stuck to it for 5 days! The next week I stuck to for 3 days and the week before we left for California, I think I made one meal on my plan.  Oops!  I'm going to try much harder in April to be better at cooking at home. It will save us a little bit of money if we don't eat out as much.  Exercise was okay as well.  I exercised for 3 days for the first two weeks and then then like 1 day before California.  If you count walking around Disneyland, then I exercised one day that week! Haha. 

April doesn't seem to be as busy as March was, so maybe I'll be able to devote more time to some of my goals.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment