Sunday, May 25, 2014

9 Months!

It is crazy to think that Kylie will be 1 in only 3 months! While we were in Vegas, I was able to hang out with my friend Brook and her baby who is 4 months.  It was funny to see Kylie talking, moving everywhere and touching everything while Brook's baby was very quiet and still.  I was thinking while watching her that I can't even remember when Kylie used to be like that!  She has always been one who is on the go.

Scott says that she is officially walking now, but I'm not sure I want to admit that yet.  You can't get her to do anything else though.  There is no point in buying toys right now because she is just interested in walking.  I've been looking for a push toy that helps with walking, but haven't found anything for cheap.
Kylie had her 9-month appointment the other day.  She is 17.5 lbs and in the 34% for weight, 26 inches tall and in the 89% for height and in the 24% for head circumference.  She is a tall and skinny girl.  The appointment was really short as we are caught up on shots and the doctor said she is one healthy baby.  It is so reassuring to know that everything is going well with her growth and development.  Kylie was a little shy in showing the doctor how she walks though.
  • The other week, we took Kylie to the park down the street and put her in the swing.  She loved it! We took her down the slide a few times and she was okay with that, but I think she enjoyed swinging more.
  • It is so nice that Kylie enjoys eating anything (for right now).  She got to try a few new foods at Aunt Becky's the last week.  She loves graham crackers now.  Before picking Scott up from his conference one day, I was making Kylie a bottle and getting her snacks together.  She was sitting on the floor next to me and I wasn't watching her very carefully as I was trying to hurry and put it together.  After finishing, I turned around and saw a handful of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in her mouth and on the floor.  I couldn't help but laugh.
  • Kylie can drink through a straw now!  We have been giving her sips of drinks through a straw since she was 6 months and now she can do it on her own.  She enjoys being able to hold the cup and drink on her own.

Taking her 9-month pictures was a hassle again.  I had to put the sticker above her because she would keep pulling it off her chest.  She also wouldn't sit still next to her elephant. I decided to put her in the chair and that worked for a few pictures, but she was done pretty quickly.
"I'm done with this!"
"What are you doing mom?"
"Mom, can we stop now please?"

No comments:

Post a Comment