Friday, May 2, 2014

High Five for Friday

1. Kylie is into self feeding now.  She loves being able to pick up the food and put it in her mouth.  It's going to be nice in a few months to make dinner and then give a portion of that to Kylie.  I know she will love it too.
Not too sure about spaghetti.
A fan of Cheerios!
2. On April 14th, there was a lunar eclipse.  It was also special because the moon turned a red/orange color.  I stayed up until about 2:30am to see it and try to get a picture of it.  The picture really didn't turn out as it looks like a blurry orange dot.  The cool thing was that you could see the planet Mars so clear! I might have to admit that seeing Mars was cooler than seeing the eclipse.
Brighter one is the moon and lighter one is Mars.
3. The Salt Lake Comic Con happened April 17-19.  It is a huge event here and very popular.  My brother Aaron loves going and happened to have two free tickets for one night.  He offered it to me and mom to go.  The only time we were able to go was in the evening, about two hours before it closed.  I got a little stressed driving down and finding a parking spot as Kylie was crying because she was hungry. It made going to the comic con less enjoyable and I think it would be fun during the day when there are more activities going on. 
The only picture I took.
After it closed, mom and I walked around City Creek while waiting for the parking garage to empty. I had a gift card to Anthropologie and so we went in there and I bought a cute elephant pot holder.  They had a fun elephant display in the store.
When leaving the parking garage, I couldn't find my parking ticket! I was freaking out and wondering how I was going to be able to leave. I pressed the call button and told the attendant that I lost my ticket. The guy was so nice and didn't make me pay the $20 fee, but I am going to be cautious from now on with those parking tickets!

4. At church on Sunday, we usually end up sitting in the foyer during sacrament meeting. Right now, Kylie needs to crawl around and I do not want her crawling up to the front pews.  This last Sunday, someone else was out there with their baby and Kylie ended up playing with her the rest of the time.  It was so fun to watch her have a buddy to play with.  Kylie also decided to play with everyone but mom during Sunday school.  She is my little social butterfly.
5. I love rocking Kylie to sleep at night and for her naps.  Lately though, I've discovered that she likes to move around a bit before getting comfortable and she can't do that very easily in my arms. I'll get through at least one song and then put her down in her crib.  It's nice that she is learning to put herself to sleep. I don't want her always relying on me to rock her to sleep.  Anyways, sometimes I find her sleeping in a funny or cute position and I finally took a picture of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment