Friday, May 2, 2014

Happy 28th Birthday to Me!

My birthday turned out wonderful this year!  It was a day full of fun and I loved it.  The morning started out with me having a great work out.  I said that I was burning the calories I was going to eat back later with all the treats and yummy food.  Then I came home, showered, got ready for the day and opened presents from Scott and my dad.  We headed out to this doughnut place called Beyond Glaze in Sugar House.  The doughnuts are super fun and delicious, but if I wouldn't get these on a regular basis as they are pretty sweet!
Roberta sent Kylie a cute dress, but it's for the KU Jayhawks! The thumbs down is just for fun. :)
I got a cookies 'n creme and maple bacon doughnut.
After getting our doughnuts, we headed to the mall to do some shopping where I got a few t-shirts.  Then we went and picked my good friend Elissa up at the trax station and headed to Boondocks for some fun.  I originally wanted to go to the new aquarium, but I guess that it isn't fully complete so people who have gone think it's not worth the money to go until it is fully finished.  The weather was great for doing mini-golf!  It was fun and I totally lost.  Then we did some arcade games and won lots of tickets (mostly by playing deal or no deal) to get some fun prizes, all for Kylie of course.  We had a ticket to do another attraction, but needed to get going to make it to dinner on time.  The tickets don't expire so we'll have to head back another time.
Hole-in-one!
Lots of tickets!
Jumping rope with the tickets.
Such a sleepy girl after all that fun!
We were planning on heading home to meet with my mom and drop Kylie off, but it took a bit to drop Elissa off at the trax station and so we met with my mom at a gas station off the freeway.  She got me a nice pot for flowers for the front porch area.  My mom took Kylie in her car to our house and we headed off to dinner at Tucanos!  It's a Brazilian restaurant where they bring meat around to your table and you get to pick and choose what and how much you want.  There's also a salad buffet and yummy desserts.  You have a little block tower and when it's green side up, the servers will keep coming to your table and when it's red side up, they don't stop by.  We had it green side up for a while as we wanted to see and try everything they had.  Scott enjoyed the brisket and I enjoyed the barbeque chicken.  The pineapple was also incredible! All they do is put brown sugar on the outside, so we are definitely trying that next time we grill.  It's a lot of meat and I needed to get a salad about halfway through for something light to eat.  Despite being super full, Scott wanted to get the chocolate cake for my birthday.  Tucanos does a free birthday meal that you can use anytime during the month of your birthday.  While we were there, I kept hearing the servers singing to quite a few different people.  I was confused as to how that many people could share a birthday with me, but then I realized that it was the last day of the month so people were most likely using their free meal! Haha. Anyway, they made me stand up while they sang to me and we ate about 10 bites of the cake before we needed a to-go box.  The cake was so delicious and definitely worth getting.
We came home, thanked Kyle and Brianna for baby-sitting, put Kylie to bed and watched the movie R.I.P.D. which Scott bought me for my birthday.  He couldn't find much at the store and the movie was pretty bad.  I think we might use it for a white elephant gift in the future.

Cravings cupcakes from Rebecca!
Cinnamon Rolls from Brita!
It was such a great day and I got spoiled with fun gifts and birthday wishes from everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment