Friday, May 2, 2014

April Goals

Things were up and down this month, but I was still able to complete and do well on some goals.  I've said it before, but I'm proud that I'm even continuing making goals each month.  I feel very accomplished when I do complete goals, but I don't feel defeated when I don't and I'm grateful for that.  I can be too hard on myself sometimes.

My house project was to spring clean.  That is one that I truly have to be motivated to complete and apparently I wasn't this month. I'm going to try again in May and have Scott help make sure I complete it.  With Kylie, I wanted to try out some sensory activities with her.  I tried doing shaving cream in a bag, putting rubber bands on a bread pan to make music and edible finger paint (made out of potato flakes).  Kylie wasn't really interested in anything.  I shouldn't be too surprised that all Kylie wanted to do was eat the finger paint.  With the shaving cream in a bag, maybe I gave it to her at a time where she was interested in something else, but I think she would just chew on the bag no matter when I give it to her.  It does have a fun texture, so I'll have to try again when she's done putting everything into her mouth.  And the rubber bands held her attention for about 1 minute.  This girl would rather crawl around and climb on anything than sit still. 

Scott & I were able to go out to eat and see Captain America: The Winter Soldier while my mom baby-sat.  I enjoy movies and hearing from people with kids and how they never go see movies made me a little sad.  I'm glad my mom is willing to baby-sit so that I'm still able to keep up with the movies I want to see.  Kylie and I went to see Scott play soccer and his team-mates have people who come and watch regularly.  When we showed up and sat by them, they said "Yeah, the cute baby is here!"  Kylie can make anyone happy. :) I didn't complete a craft for the month, but this is one I am honestly okay with not completing.  I really didn't think about it much until the end of the month.  We had our friends over again for dinner the 25th to celebrate my birthday. We didn't actually do much related to my birthday; I just used it as an excuse to have a dinner.  We made yummy honey chicken kabobs, salad, potato chips and mini salted caramel chocolate chip cheesecakes.  We played Bang again and then everyone headed home a little early as they all had early morning activities.  We already planned dinner for May and hopefully it will be nice weather as we're having it at James and Nichole's and they have a pool!
For out of house activities once a week, we were able to do it 3 out of the 5 weeks. I counted our date night as one and we weren't able to do an activity one week as Scott worked a lot.  We went to the Natural History Museum as an activity (pictures on a five for Friday post) and a picnic for a teacher at Wasatch that got fired (for wrongful reasons).  It was so fun to see old friends again and I'm so glad Jodelle thought to invite me.  The other activity was going to Boondocks for my birthday (pictures on that post).

I did pretty well on my meal plans!  I dubbed the first week as healthy week and I cooked healthy meals for 6 days! I made sure to always have a vegetable with dinner and do dinners that were a little lighter in calories.  The second week was crockpot week and I did that for 5 days.  I talked about those two weeks on my most recent recipe update post.  The third week didn't have a meal plan, but I cooked at home 3 days.  The fourth week was clean out the fridge week and I followed that for 5 days.  The last week was another no meal plan week, but I cooked at home for 4 days.

Exercising has become much easier to do and I have my neighbor to thank for that.  I found out from her that another ward does workouts at the church gym Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (with Zumba on Tuesdays sometimes) at 8:30am.  There's about 4-5 people from my ward who attend as well.  The first day I showed up was intense! Everyone had weights and a yoga mat and knew every exercise.  After my first week there, I realized just how out of shape I was, even though I was doing Tae Bo for about two weeks before I went! There is a pregnant lady in the group and she was kicking my butt! The next week, I bought weights and a mat and I am able to almost keep up with everyone. Everyone brings their kids and they run around at the back of the gym.  Scott is able to watch Kylie Monday and Wednesday (because he doesn't work), so I'm still trying to figure out Friday as it starts the same time Kylie wakes up in the morning.  I don't want to wake her up early and she can't feed herself a bottle yet, so working out and feeding her doesn't work out so well.  There's a new teacher every day and they each do their own thing. I pretty much have my own personal trainers for free! I love it so much. 

I have May goals planned and ready to go! Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment