Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Father's Day

Sunday, June 15th was Scott's first father's day! I think Scott had a great day and I'm glad he did.  We have church early (9am), so I wasn't able to make breakfast for him (and I forgot to take the sausage out of the freezer the night before).  So I made him breakfast (biscuits and gravy) for lunch.  It's one of his favorite breakfast meals. 
Daddy sharing his pie with Kylie.
She loved it.
Scott spent the day doing what he enjoys the most in his down time: watching sports.  There were soccer games on and the NBA finals were going on.  I made Scott a yummy dinner of tri-tip steak, baked potatoes and veggies with scones for dessert.  One of the ways to Scott's heart is through his stomach.

For a gift, I found out this girl in the mommy group (on Facebook) makes vinyl decals and was offering to make them for father's day.  I messaged her, bought a shirt and she put it on for me.  It's nothing big or fancy, but I like that it's different.
Scott has been an exceptional father to Kylie.  He is just so great with her that I wouldn't be surprised if Kylie really becomes a daddy's girl.  No parent is perfect, but I know that Scott will do the best he can to give Kylie all that she deserves and that's what matters.  Kylie and I love you Scott!  Here's to having many more happy father's days.

No comments:

Post a Comment