Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Festival of Trees

I decided to go and take Kylie to the Festival of Trees last week.  I thought she would have a lot of fun looking at the trees and checking out all the different activities they have there.  Well, it didn't turn out as fun as I thought it would.  I had Kylie in the stroller and she was not happy sitting in there.  I was a little afraid to let her out because the chain surrounding the trees wasn't much and Kylie could easily crawl underneath and touch everything.  She got pretty upset, so I let her out to walk around and she just wanted to push the stroller, which was a little difficult for her as there isn't really a place for her to push.  I let her walk around a bit, but it was pretty crowded for a Thursday afternoon and I didn't want to lose her in the crowd (since she is speedy gonzalez).  I think she was tired, even though she had a nap so we left after only like an hour.  There was a kid section that had a lot of craft activities, but you had to pay for tickets and then each craft was a certain number of tickets.  Santa Claus was also there, but he was on a break when we showed up.  There was also a stage where there were kids dancing, but it was hard to find a spot with the stroller to sit and watch.

All in all, it was a disappointment as Kylie complained pretty much the whole time.  I think I'll have to wait a few years before taking her again where she can enjoy doing crafts and look at the trees without wanting to touch everything.  There were 3 Frozen trees there and I got pictures with two of them.  I wasn't able to get a picture with the third one which is too bad because it was the best one.

Frozen Tree #1
Frozen Tree #2
Crying one minute
Happy the next
Whining is so exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment