Friday, December 12, 2014

High Five for Friday

1. Christmas is in 2 weeks!!  We have been doing some fun Christmas activities and have a few more lined up the next week.  There's some fun lights that we want to check out, including Christmas Street and the "Tree of Life".  Brianna and Kyle are coming into town the 20th and it will be fun to have them here.  I know Kylie will love all the extra attention she's going to get.  I know it's only the 12th, but it got here so quickly!  I'm almost done shopping for Christmas gifts.  I hope to finish up today, but I'm sure I'll be buying some last minute that I forgot about.  The weather has been great so far too!  It's supposed to rain this weekend, but there's still no sign of snow here in the valley.  I'm not complaining about it being warm.

2. We've been taking Kylie to the first hour of nursery the past few Sundays.  I wish we didn't have to wait 2 more months to actually put her in nursery.  We have to sit in there with her since she's not old enough, but it is fun to watch her interact with the other kids.  There are actually two nurseries and we were taking her to the older class the first couple of times and wondering why there weren't many kids.  We took her to the other one and found out that Kylie and one other girl will be the only ones in nursery.  The rest are all boys!  I don't think we have to worry about Kylie as she's already shoving the boys out of the way.
3. Kylie has started to love coloring and playing with stickers!  This makes me super excited that I can start doing more arts and crafts with her.  She's doing better, but I still have to keep making sure she doesn't eat the crayons.  I am going to stay away from markers for a while.  We did our first Christmas craft and made a fingerprint Christmas tree.  I tried making my own finger paint with flour, but it did not turn out at all, so I just bought some at the dollar store.  She tried to eat the paint, so making them did not last very long.  It is so fun to see all the new things Kylie is into.
4. Well dang, I wish I could think of 5 things to talk about.  Scott is working hard and I'm busy trying to do all these fun Christmas activities.  Also, I've decided that I need to think of other activities besides shopping to get out of the house.  Since Kylie loves to push the carts so much, shopping can get a little exhausting with her.  Anyway, that's all I've got. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment