Friday, January 8, 2016

Christmas

Christmas was fun this year. Kylie is starting to understand what Christmas is and all that it entails. She still doesn't fully understand the excitement of gifts, but she loved unwrapping them. Kylie and Jordan got so many fun things from family. I surprised Scott and made a calendar with pictures of us. Scott wanted to get me a photo book of my blog, but he couldn't really put it together himself and so we're making it a Christmas/birthday gift. I already have one book done, from 2011 and I can't wait to start working on the next year. I love the idea of having these photo books for Kylie and others to look at pictures. Pictures are very digital now, but I think it is still good to have pictures printed and photo books are a great way to do so.

We did find that it was a little difficult to try to share Christmas with both families in the same state now. You have to figure out if one side gets Christmas Eve or Christmas day or you can decide to share the days with both families. We decided to do Christmas Eve with my family and Christmas day with Scott's. It feels like it might work better that way, but who knows, we could always change our mind next year.

We had a yummy dinner at my grandma's and then we did a small program of reading the scriptures and playing Christmas songs with bells. Since we weren't seeing my mom on Christmas day, we opened presents from her. Kylie got this fun rocking cow that she loved. We had dessert, played games and then headed home.
 
Christmas morning started later, around 9:00. We had a cherry roll for breakfast, thanks to my mom. After that we opened our stockings and presents. Like I said, Kylie sure enjoyed unwrapping the gifts, but she had a hard time giving her full attention to each gift. She would enjoy some more than others or once she saw one gift, she didn't care to open any more. After opening gifts, we headed to Scott's parents house. Steve was there with his kids and then Brita and her family showed up later in the afternoon. We all just hung out and played games the whole day. Even though it can be tricky making sure that the holidays are split fairly, we sure enjoy living by so much family.
I couldn't get the pictures of us to not be blurry.
Wearing her apron!
The apron I made Kylie.

No comments:

Post a Comment