Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday Weekly Recap

Things are much better around here. Jordan is not coughing anymore and is pretty much back to his normal self. Kylie isn't sick anymore and is being the cutest girl ever. Scott is as busy as ever and I'm trying to fill my days as well.

In 2014, I made goals every month in certain areas to accomplish. I did these goals throughout the whole year and it was amazing for me. It helped me think about things that needed to get done and also helped me focus time and energy on my family. 2014 was a great year with a lot of fun activities and I know that making goals helped. I didn't do any goals last year as pregnancy just wears me down. The years I'm pregnant, I can expect not much to happen as I just get too exhausted and overwhelmed. Since I am not pregnant this year, I am happily starting my goals back up again! I am so excited to be doing these again and it has gone well so far. Some of the areas are the same as last year (house project, date night, monthly friend get together, updating baby book), but there are some new ones that I'm implementing as well. The other ones are more habits that I want to form and once I feel comfortable with them, then I'll add a new one. Right now, I'm working on doing the dishes, making Scott's lunch, writing out the menu for the next day and picking up the living room before bed. I've been horrible at dishes and I want to make more of an effort to keep the kitchen clean often. I won't worry much about dishes during the day, but I will make sure they are done each night. So far, I've been at it for 2 1/2 weeks! It's really making me feel better knowing that things are cleaned up before bed.

I think the next habit I'll work on is laundry. I'm horrible at folding and putting the laundry away. I want to be more proficient at folding and putting away more quickly. I am getting a little tired of seeing laundry all over the floor and not finding things to wear because I haven't put them away. I'll update soon on how that is going.

I'm also trying to dedicate more time to doing activities with Kylie. I will do a new art/craft, a play date and an activity out of the house at least once a week. I haven't done many activities out of the house since Jordan got sick. I'll start those up in February. Anyway, I'm just really excited to be doing these goals again.

Scott is going to be super busy here now. He started up clinicals on Monday and so the only day of the week he'll have off will be Sunday. It's going to be a little tricky for him to figure out how to handle clinicals, work, school, family and church callings (he's in the primary). I pray that he can figure it all out.

 I can't believe that February is coming up! I need to get working on my goals for next month. Here are some pictures of Kylie helping me vacuum one day (another goal is to have Kylie do some "chores", like help switch laundry, help vacuum, help with the dishwasher, etc.) and of grandma Becky and Jordan.
Testing out Jordan's swing. She's also starting to sit in his bumbo.

No comments:

Post a Comment