Thursday, September 15, 2011

Reality TV

I have a confession to make...I am a little bit of a reality tv junkie.  Reality shows have overtaken the TV a little bit in our house. (Scott does watch a few of the shows with me...yay!)  It just gives me a little bit of joy and entertainment watching these shows. 

This is our #1 reality show that Scott and I both watch...and I am actually watching it right now.


Millionaire Matchmaker

This show cracks us up.  The matchmaker, Patti, is so honest and forward.  She will call the girls who come in to be picked to talk to the millionaire ugly and tell them that they need to change their hair, clothes, make-up, etc.  Also, I love it when she yells at the millionaire when they're being dumb.  She does cuss a little bit (okay, a lot), but I just can't help watching it.  It just sucks you in.

Project Runway 


 This is the other show that I am watching right now.  I have been watching this show since about season 4, so this is a reality tv show that I have been with for a bit.  I love to watch this and critique the clothes when they show them on the runway and the challenges are fun, although this season's challenges aren't as exciting as past challenges. The drama is more than other seasons.  I'm not gonna lie, I would rather have fun challenges and see what the designers come up with rather than a bunch of drama in the workroom.  It just gets a little boring to watch the same arguments over and over.  Update: So glad that Bryce is kicked off...pretty sure he was in the bottom every week.  Also, teams again for next week?!  I'm tired of these team challenges.  Too much drama!

Top Chef: Just Desserts 

  I do miss the original Top Chef show, but I like this one because they make desserts and I do have quite a sweet tooth.  Scott isn't into the cooking shows as much as I am, but he humors me when it's on and watches it with me.  I am just impressed by the things that they can make on whim in 30 minutes.  This last episode, the chefs had to make a Willy Wonka wonder world.  They even had 4 of the original cast members there to taste the food.  I just love to see what they come up with.

 Four Weddings 

This reality show isn't one that I get upset about if I miss an episode.  The three above, however, I need to watch every single week. :)  This one is fun to me because 1. I am still a newlywed so it's fun to reminisce about my own wedding while watching and 2. these brides' weddings are so ridiculous and expensive I can't help but watch.

 Dancing with the Stars 


 Can't wait for this show to start next week!  I am not too big of a fan of the celebrities that they have chosen, but it's entertaining so I will probably still watch it.

The Amazing Race 

 LOVE this show.  I can't wait for it to start again on September 25th.  I love having a show to watch on Sunday nights with my hubby.  Loved the cowboys in season 16 and the recent amazing race all-stars.  Season 15 was exciting because two of the contestants (the brothers) I went to high school with.  Technically, the older brother (Sam) is the one that I went to high school with so that was fun to watch.

 Honestly, I could probably list about 5 more reality shows that I watch (America's Next Top Model, So You Think You Can Dance, Say Yes to the Dress, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, The Real Housewives of Orange County, etc.), but I think 6 is already too many.  I might be a little embarrassed of how many reality shows I actually watch now that I listing them off.  Please don't judge this guilty pleasure of mine. :) 
 

2 comments:

  1. Well, don't feel too guilty! We do share an affinity for Reality TV, but mine are a bit different... besides the Amazing Race (so when are we making our application video?), I like Survivor, So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, and this year, we thoroughly enjoyed America's Got Talent (go Landau!). I like Top Chef too. Saw the Pastry Chefs last year but like the original better. Waiting for Top Chef to return. And I liked Expedition Impossible... that would be fun to go on also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ALL of those shows too. It's not just you. Invite me to dinner at night! Then you won't be lonely. ;)

    ReplyDelete