Monday, September 5, 2011

Testing, Testing...New Recipes That Is!

During the summer, there were days where I would be home by myself while Scott was either at school or work all day.  During that time I happened to stumble upon two blogs that I love.  They are picky-palate and kevinandamanda.com.  These ladies take fun trips and share everywhere they went and ate and think up delicious recipes and craft ideas.  Obviously I can't test out their travel tips anytime I want, but I can test out their recipes anytime and all the recipes I've tested have turned out delicious.  I am sad to say that I haven't taken pictures of all that I've tried, but I have recently started to take pictures of what I've made.  I have about 50 recipes from both blogs that I need to test out.  Here is what I've tested so far...

From picky-palate I have made the "Oreo Truffle Surprise Cookies".  She also has these Oreo stuffed cookies, but I like the truffle cookies better because of the cream cheese mixed with the oreos. 

I made the "Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Layered Krispie Treats".  These will most likely require a glass of milk to drink with all the peanut butter and chocolate.  

For a Sunday dinner, I made this "Cheesy Chicken Cordon Bleu Rice Casserole".  This was an easy Sunday meal that I paired with zucchini and rolls.  I actually also used canned chicken since I forgot to take my chicken out of the fridge and it tasted great!  Since there's only Scott and I, we definitely had leftovers and they made for a great lunch to take to work. 

Lastly and my most recent test was these "Peanut Butter Cup Surprise Cookies".  I actually have pictures of these!

These have a lot going on! Peanut butter cookie, peanut butter cup inside cookie, marshmallows on top, melted chocolate covering marshmallows and m&m's on top.  A glass of milk would also pair well with these cookies, but they are definitely yummy.

I still have a ton more recipes to test from her website.  I also found a few things from kevinandamanda.com that are pretty good as well.  I have pictures of both of the recipes that I've tried from this website so far.

Scott really enjoyed these Crispy Southwestern Wontons and we've actually made them twice because we had some leftover of the mixture.  I used a can of corn instead of frozen corn and I accidentally used a whole can of corn and a whole can of beans, so if you like the corn and bean flavor it tastes great!  The dry ranch dressing is really what gives the mixture flavor and even after they were cooked, I dipped them in ranch dressing to make it even tastier.

Lastly, Scott and I both loved these cute Mini Lasagna Cups.  This was great because I had leftover wonton wrappers from making these lasagna cups first, so then I made the Southwestern Wontons.  There's no need to let those wonton wrappers go to waste.  Now, with this recipe, she adds sausage to the beef (which does give it good flavor), but I don't really like sausage so I just did beef.  Also, since there is only two of us, I used about 1/2 lb of beef and it was the perfect amount.  Our freezer isn't big enough to hold a ton of leftovers that you would freeze and use again another time.  These were really yummy and I think Scott likes this version of lasagna better than a pan of lasagna!Woo-hoo!


Like the box?  This was just a few days after we moved into our new apartment.

I still have a few more recipes to test from her website as well.  It has been fun making different things.  I usually get stuck in a routine of making the same dinners, so I'm glad I found some recipes that will spice up dinner and dessert.  Plus, it's just fun to try something new and then show off what you make. :)  I will keep testing new recipes, taking pictures and then blogging about my experience.

P.S. Picky-palate's website has been acting a little funny lately, so hopefully it starts working again soon so you can check out these recipes!

3 comments:

  1. Oh no, an I thought I didn't have time before.
    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting practice so you can show off and feed us when we come visit in October! Love ya! Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made something with chocolate and didn't tell me???? Bad things will happen if you do that again :)Save some for me...

    ReplyDelete