Tuesday, December 27, 2011

24 Days of Christmas for Scott

Whilst looking through another one of my favorite blogs (The Dating Diva's), I found this great idea of something I can do for Scott.  The basic idea is that Scott gets a card each day with either something I love about him, an activity we are doing that night or a service I will do for him that day.  It was actually a lot of fun to do and it made the Christmas season much more fun since I centered the activities around Christmas-themed activities.

My cards are no where near as pretty as the ones from the Dating Diva's blog, but I did the best I could.  I also didn't have a place to hang the cards up in the apartment, so I would set the card out the night before in a place that I knew Scott would find it the next morning.  It worked well.  I also planned what each card would say per week instead of the whole month all at once.  Since Scott has a changing work schedule, I would have to wait to find out when he was working to figure out when to do certain activities or services for him.


Also, it was Scott's idea to put the cards on the tree and it was definitely a conversation starter when we would have people over.
It took a lot of time and planning to do this, but it was definitely worth it and I'm glad I did it a year that I knew I would have time to do it.  It was a nice way to continue strengthening our relationship with one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment