Thursday, December 8, 2011

Food, Glorious Food!

I love cooking a lot more now that I have found fun recipes to try out.  I've realized that I get tired of cooking when I start making the same things over and over.  I love being able to increase my cooking techniques and then show them off.  It makes me happy to see that other people are impressed with what I have made because then it makes the effort all worth it.  My husband is great at being so impressed and wanting to show off what I make to others.  He did this just the other day.  I told him that I would make him dinner and bring it to his work, so he could take a break from cafeteria food.  I said I would make whatever he wanted me to.  He decided on these lasagna cups because they are not only good, but also show off my cooking skills.  I love that he wants to show me off to others...it's so cute.

Okay, so this is something I made that I did not use a recipe for!  That is huge for me considering I really can't cook without a recipe.  I have to have a recipe to follow or else anything I make does not turn out, so I was excited that I thought of this after I saw a commercial for it on TV.  This is the 'famous bowl' from KFC:
The bowl contains mashed potatoes, corn, gravy, popcorn chicken, cheese and the newest bowl has bacon.  This isn't the best picture, but here is the bowl that I re-created at home:
The Fletcher Famous Bowl!
It was delicious!!  It was super filling and fun to think that I made something at home that we could have gotten at a take-out restaurant.  Go me!

Next up is 'Creamy Chicken Nachos'!  I used this recipe and it really is creamy and full of flavor.
Can you guess which plate is Scott's and which plate is mine?  I think it's pretty obvious.

I made these cookies on Monday, the day we put up our Christmas tree and decorations.  When I was younger, my mom would always make these cookies around Christmas time, so it was fun to make them and they tasted just as they did when I was younger. Yum.

 That other tray was full of cookies, but Scott went after them so quickly. Haha.  Gotta love him.

I'm pretty sure that I am now starting to live up to the expectation that since I am a Family and Consumer Science teacher, I must know how to cook really, really well.  Maybe one day, I will achieve that expectation that I do all things in such a creative way that everyone is in awe of everything I do. Here's to hoping.


1 comment:

  1. Mmm, everything looks so yummy! I haven't cooked anything real in a long time, but maybe I should start up again by making those delicious looking nachos (since you didn't post your recipe for your KFC bowls)!

    ReplyDelete