Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Fun

Christmas turned out so great this year!  It started out spending Christmas Eve with all my extended family up in Salt Lake.  There were about 50 people altogether.  Yeah, I have a large family and I love it.  We first had dinner at one of my uncle's house and had a great time talking to everyone.  Dessert and activities were then done at my Grandma Omer's house.  Scott and I accidentally left our white elephant gifts at home, so we quickly went to the store and bought some things.  We were able to wrap them using extra wrapping paper from my mom.  Scott decided to use the paper bag they put our items in and called it a "brown bag special".  Way to use your resources, Scott. :)

Activities at grandma's included reading the story of Christ's birth in the scriptures with the kids dressed up, songs sung by two of my cousins whose voices are just so impressive, a white elephant gift exchange with some hilarious gifts (a giant flask, two nose hair trimmers and a cereal bowl that separates your milk from your cereal were a few of the gifts) and ending the night with the tradition of singing the song "Six White Boomers".  It is an Australian Christmas Song and we sing it every Christmas Eve.  Note to self: Get a copy of the music from Grandma, so I can continue tradition.

Here, take a listen:
After the song, Scott and I grabbed a few desserts and left since Scott had to work early the next morning.  I was a little worried I would be lonely and bored until Scott came home, but it actually wasn't that bad.  I got up with Scott at 6:00am and we opened stockings together and then I went back to sleep while Scott left for work.  My ward had church at 10:30am, so I got up and got ready for church, which lasted about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Poor Scott got a little bored at work, so I was able to bring a movie and have lunch with him.  I went home and only had 45 minutes until Scott came home, so I watched the classic movie "A Christmas Story."  Once Scott got home, we opened presents!  It was great spending time with just Scott before we headed over to my brother's to spend time with family and open presents with them.
Cupcake ornament!

Scott not liking his picture being taken.

Zelda wii game!

We added to our movie collection.

I got new running shoes and socks! Now, where's my motivation?

Let's get baking!




New computer! Yeah!

Scott getting my computer fixed up.

Cute pj pants from Scott!

After opening presents with one another, we headed over to my brother's to open more presents and play games.
Mom and Aaron

Dog pile on Rebecca!

The next BYU football star?
Presents! Presents!
She can make donuts any time she wants now.
New scarf!

Doormat I got for Andrew and Rebecca.
Apples to Apples!
All in all, it was a great Christmas and it went by so quickly that Scott and I have to do a double take and say yeah, Christmas really did happen.  I'm grateful I was able to spend it with family here, but we did miss seeing Scott's family out in California and my dad and Roberta in Missouri.  I hope next year's Christmas is just as great as this one was.





No comments:

Post a Comment