Saturday, February 11, 2012

Let the Training Begin!

At the beginning of January, I did something crazy.  Maybe it was all the talk of New Year's resolutions that got me to do it, but I did it. I signed Scott and I up to run the UTAH VALLEY MARATHON!!!!

June 9th will be the day that we run 26.2 miles.  Now, why on earth would I sign us up for such pain? (I know that the picture says "pain you enjoy", but I doubt that I will be enjoying myself until its over)  Scott has already ran a marathon before (I'm still not sure why.  You'll have to ask him about it. He was not thinking when he was younger. haha), but this is a bucket list item of mine.  I am no hard-core runner by any means, but I love the atmosphere of races.  I've done a few 5k's, a 4 mile race (our turkey trot run this year), a 10k and a half-marathon.  I've also done the Ragnar Relay race twice.  The marathon is the only race I have not accomplished yet.

I ran cross-country in high school, but once I got to college, I stopped running.  I, sadly, gained the "Freshman 15" and to lose some weight, I started running again.  I signed up to run a 10k race with a friend in college.  I loved running again and the atmosphere of the race, especially since it was the DAM Marathon race. :)
My friend Arian and I after the race.


After that, I wanted to continue running and racing.  The next year, I ran the half-marathon in the same race.  I ran this one by myself, but it felt so good to do it.
The Ragnar Relay has been one of the funnest races I've ran.  It's been great the two times I've ran it.
First time running Ragnar.

2nd time running.  Team Risky Business.

Me and my cousin Ben and his wife Jessica.
I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the best only New Years Resolutions I'm going to complete.  I am actually pretty excited to start training, getting in shape and eating healthier.  If you have any tips to help me train, I would love to hear!  Let's get training! *Rocky music playing...*


1 comment:

  1. You crazy kids! Good luck with training. Check the internet or go to the bookstore for advice. You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete