Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day

 Valentine's Day went pretty well this year.  Only one little blip happened, but other than that it was pretty great!

I like to have my 8th grade students do a fun cooking lab for Halloween in the first semester and Valentine's Day in the second semester.  I have them make sugar cookies because it is an easy way to celebrate the holiday.  Just cut out the cookies in shapes that represent that holiday.  The kids make the cookies and I make the frosting for them.  The kids have a blast and love being able to decorate (even the boys) the cookies.  It's a busy, tiring day for me, but it's nice to see how much the students enjoy it.

So, the school district I'm in is crazy and decided to have parent/teacher conferences on Valentine's Day and the day after.  Do they really not think that teacher's have lives and would rather spend it with loved ones instead of parents?  Anyways, I am super lucky and since I am 3/4 part-time, I only have to attend one day of conferences.  Obviously, I chose to do it the day after, so I could spend Valentine's with my husband.

Scott called me on his way home from school and asked if I received anything at school.  I said no and Scott had ordered me flowers, but they never arrived!  He called the flower company and at 4:00pm, they were just on their way to be delivered.  Obviously that wouldn't work since I'm a teacher and get done before then.  So, he cancelled the delivery for that day and got refunded the money he paid for a guaranteed delivery on Valentine's Day.  The company said they would re-deliver on Thursday, so Scott said sure, but he was still upset that I didn't get my Valentine's surprise.  I was fine with it because it's the fact that he thought to order me flowers and have them delivered to my school that was sweet.  Anyways, I got the flowers delivered on Wednesday.  He got me an orchid plant in a cute little cup.  Then came today and I got another flower delivery of the same flower!  We're not sure what happened, but we're hoping that he didn't get charged twice for the flowers.  I am totally fine with having two pretty orchid plants.
The one on the left I got first and the one on the right I got today.
So, Scott got home from school, took a shower and off we went to my favorite restaurant Applebee's!!  I seriously love that place.  We went at 5:00 and it was the perfect time to go because it wasn't that busy and we only had to wait 5 minutes for a table.
 After dinner, we had some time before the movie started, so we went shoe shopping and I got some cute shoes on sale!  After that, we went and saw the movie "This Means War".  It was pretty funny and we enjoyed it!  We saw the special Valentine's showing, but it really doesn't open until tomorrow.
Then we came home, relaxed and went to bed.  It was great to go out and do something and see a movie (I love movies).  I just love my husband so much and I'm glad we got to celebrate on this day of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment