Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine Crafts

I usually don't do too much for Valentine's Day in the sense of decorations, food, etc.  This year I decided to do a little more than usual, since I had the time. 
I finally finished the felt rosette wreath!!  We don't have a door hanger, so we just taped it up.  It lasted probably about an hour before it fell down, so I took a picture of us down off the wall and hung it up on the nail from the picture.
Rebecca (sis-in-law) was super nice to let me come over and get some cake decorating tips from her.  I got a basic set for Christmas and decided this was the perfect opportunity to try it out.  Obviously, you can tell that I am just a beginner, but I think they look pretty good despite my lack of artistic ability.  Thanks Rebecca for taking time out of your busy schedule to help out!

I found the X & O salt and pepper shakers at Hallmark and the subway art in the picture frame, I downloaded and printed it out at Costco. 
I printed off these cute Valentine notes and taped a few of them throughout the house for Scott to find in the morning.  Thank goodness Scott checked 'yes' on the 'Will You Be My Valentine?' one ;)
 As a little treat for when we got home from dinner and the movie, I bought these mini Martinelli's, printed out the card, taped it on one and put it next to a plate of these Chocolate Dipped Cream Cheese Filled Strawberries that I made.  I don't have a picture of the ones that I made because they really didn't turn out that pretty, but they did taste yummy!

All in all, it was fun to have a few crafts and decorations done to celebrate the holiday without going overboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment