Saturday, February 18, 2012

No More Tests!

Scott and I have just relieved a huge burden from our careers--nursing and teaching.
 For my teaching career, I have to pass two tests that are called Praxis tests.  One is to initially get my teaching license and the test is in whatever area of subject you graduated in, so mine was in Family and Consumer Sciences.  I took that one about 4 years ago.  The second test is called The Principles of Teaching and Learning Praxis Test.  This test will allow any teacher in any subject to receive their tenure in teaching.  This Praxis tests all knowledge of generalized teaching information (classroom management, theorists, students as learners, etc.).  I took this test first back in November and barely didn't pass.  I took it again in January, just found out my results and I barely PASSED!!  Whew, this is such a sigh of relief to know that this test is done and over with and I can move on and receive my tenure soon.

Scott's huge burden in his nursing career is called the NCLEX. 
I have no idea what it stands for, but all I know is that if you don't pass the test, you don't become a nurse. (His test is so much easier to understand than mine)  Since Scott had been hired on for a R.N. position already, he needed to pass this test to continue working and not lose his job.  We just found out this afternoon that HE PASSED HIS NURSING BOARDS TEST!!!!

What a sigh of relief this is.  Who knows what would have happened with his future had he not passed.  He studied really hard the week before and week of and it totally paid off in the end.

I am so proud of both of us.  We have both just achieved huge accomplishments and couldn't have done it without the support of each other.  I love the support we have between the two of us in all that we do.  That is one of the many things that makes our marriage great.


No comments:

Post a Comment